PDA

View Full Version : New here with question...diaper service?

Carrie in PA
05-15-2005, 05:36 AM
Hi there~

My name is Carrie. I am new to this board. I have 4 sons and am expecting baby #5 in August.

I really want to use cloth (have used CD off and on with my boys, but never very successfully). The laundry situation here makes me a little hesitant about using CD though. My parents lilve in the in-law suite at our house and my cousin in living in our house with us. We are share the washer and dryer! I am seriously thinking about using a diaper service for this reason. Have any of you used one? If so, what has your experience been? I appreciate the input.

Thanks! :)

Carrie

cannuke
05-15-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm expecting #1 in August and we're going to use a diaper service for the first couple of months. I've connected with the people from the service already. It seems to be very convenient.

They send out however many diapers you order per week in a clean bag. You unpack the bag and put the dipes away, then the bag becomes the diaper pail liner for the week. At the end of the week, you tie up the bag and put it outside for them to pick up. You don't have to rinse dipes, just chuck them in the pail.

They also have a complimentary service where they send out a half order a couple of weeks before your due date so you can CD in hospital (or wherever you're going to have your baby).

I'm really looking forward to it. It's running about 10-20% more expensive than disposables around here.

milkmommy
05-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Diaper services are nice but expensive. Are ou worried more about the avaiability of the W/D when you need it or the others being grossed out?

Deanna

Carrie in PA
05-15-2005, 11:56 AM
No, it's the fact that I am already doing two loads of laundry a day (plus baby laundry soon!), and my parents and cousin need to use it one day a week each. Plus, we have a well and septic system which my husband is concerned about overloading. A DS just sounds like a great and convenient way for me to still use cloth.

Carrie

milkmommy
05-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Sounds like convience wins :mrgreen

Deanna