PDA

View Full Version : Buying CD and sizing question

Kingskid
05-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Okay - so DS is growing out of his NB size Kissaluvs. I think I may try going with some AIO dipes for the next round of dipes. I'm on Greenmountain.com and the site says that the dipes run big and not to size up.

It says:
Small fits about 10 to 15 pounds
Medium fits 15 to 25 pounds

DS is between 9 and 10 pounds, I'd guess. He was 8.6 at his two week appt. and he's a little over a month old now. So - do you think I should stick with the Small size? I'm afraid that he'll too quickly outgrow them and I'll have spent a bundle on the dipes just to turn around and buy more (They are $14 a dipe!). I suppose I should go look to see how quickly DD grew at this age, but then again they are two totally different children.

What'd'ya think?

PrincessMommie
05-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Is there anyway you could buy a used one off ebay or something to 'sample' the size before investing?

Kingskid
05-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Well, i wonder if they would be the same to compare since they'd be made by different people. Great idea to try one from ebay first!!! Let me go look!

Larissa
05-13-2005, 09:31 AM
If it were me, I would go with the mediums. They are so expensive...and at this age they grow so quickly. He is going to be 15 pounds before you know it! Maybe you could buy a dozen prefolds and a couple of covers to use for the in between time....

Kingskid
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Hmmm...good idea. I have some prefolds, but I'm too intimidated to use them. :blush

milkmommy
05-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Id go with the size 2

Deanna

GodisGood
05-13-2005, 08:28 PM
See if there is a good return policy. You want one that states that you can basically try it on and send it back for a full refund as long as it isn't washed. So you buy one of each and then see what's the better choice.

Moon
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
And keep in mind the resale value for barely used AIOs... often as the kiddo grows you can sell (or trade) the small sizes off and turn the $ around for most of what you'll need in the next size.