PDA

View Full Version : How come I keep getting pink eye?

cklewis
05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Seriously. How come? This is like the 4th time since DS was born. And no one else in the family gets it but me!!?? I'm thankful I have a fresh source of medicine just south of my eyes, but is there something more I should be doing?

:ty

C

milkmommy
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Which form?

Deanna

cklewis
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Which form?

Deanna

:shrug The pink kind? The eye kind? :kiss Honestly, I don' t know. My eye weeps and is red. Just one of them. That's all.

My friend wondered if it's a sinus infection kind of thing.

I know nothing really.

C

Mother of Sons
05-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Have you replaced ALL of your eye make up? You need to toss your mascara and all eye shadows and get new ones.

milkmommy
05-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Their are diffrent forms heres some signs
Signs and Symptoms

Viral conjunctivitis

· Watery discharge

· Irritation

· Red eye

· Infection usually begins with one eye, but may spread easily to the fellow eye

Allergic conjunctivitis

· Usually affects both eyes

· Itching

· Tearing

· Swollen eyelids

Bacterial conjunctivitis

· Stringy discharge that may cause the lids to stick together, especially after sleeping

· Swelling of the conjunctiva

· Redness

· Tearing

· Irritation and/or a gritty feeling

· Usually affects only one eye, but may spread easily to the fellow eye

Deanna

cklewis
05-13-2005, 05:26 AM
It's the last kind, Deanna. So. . . . what conclusions does that lead us toward?

MoS, I've replaced everything since the last time (including contacts!!), but here's my question. When in this healing process do I replace? I mean, after I'm over it all?

And I guess I should sterilze other eye things (mascara comb, for instance), yes?

Get this -- my blind student with the Helper Dog asked for prayer this AM because. . . . SHE HAS PINK EYE!! I petted her dog yesterday. Could I have shared it with her or her with me? Is that possible?

C

milkmommy
05-13-2005, 07:08 AM
You "Might" need to stop using contacts all together since they are a major cause of Bacterial conjunctivitis replace them after they eye has completely healded and consider a diffrent "type" Id also replace all make up after the infection is over. Have you seen a doctor you might need some antibotic drops.
Pink eye is also very congatious not sure if your student gott from you but the "possibility" is there.
Deanna

cklewis
05-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Well, I'm not wearing them now. But since I've worn contacts for over 2 decades, I doubt that that's the initial cause (it's definitely aggravating it). I'm more likely to believe that I got them from the same place my student did or something.

And I'm going to SCOUR and/or throw away everything that has touched my eyes in the last several days. I just don't want to go to the doc.

I'm better. This is a different kind than I've had before because it's taking longer to heal. Usually the b-milk has cured it by now. I've got a dropper full of b-milk here next to me, and I'm using it every hour or so. I should have shared it with my student, eh?

C

greenemama
05-13-2005, 07:34 AM
I should have shared it with my student, eh?

:laughtears

:hug2

Punkie
05-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Are you sterilizing everything else that you touch in your home? (Sounds easy, huh?) I know that kids can re-catch it from toys, bedding, stair rails and a whole host of other things that just get touched while their are contagious... It lives a long time.

cklewis
05-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Are you sterilizing everything else that you touch in your home? (Sounds easy, huh?) I know that kids can re-catch it from toys, bedding, stair rails and a whole host of other things that just get touched while their are contagious... It lives a long time.

I do. But you know how that is. Maybe I need to do it differently. With bleach, yes? I'll take any advice on this. . . .

The thing is -- I'm the only one getting it! What's with that? Nobody else gets it. My blind student and I are the only ones.

:shrug

C

Punkie
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmm, I don't know! Maybe there's something that you often touch that no one else touches?

After my kids came down with pink eye, I bought my first bleach in YEARS. I never had the balls to use it though. That stuff scares me!

cklewis
05-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Okay -- here's a weird question for you all. . . .

This b-milk is not working as quickly. Before now, I've used stuff I had pumped and had been in the deep freeze. It BURNED something fierce when I put it in, but it worked fairly quickly.

Well, all that got old, and DS didn't like anything but fresh, so I tossed it ALL! :doh And I expressed some fresh for my eyes.

It doesn't burn when I put it in, and it's not working as quickly. Does the foremilk (maybe) not work as quickly? I mean, this is definitely foremilk while the frozen was a mix.

Maybe I should ask this in BF. Maybe nobody knows. I dunno. :O

C