PDA

View Full Version : Do food allergies cause eczema?

anitajoye
05-12-2005, 11:04 AM
i heard somewhere that food allergies can cause eczema... i CANNOT get rid of a patch that has overtaken my whole right ring finger and it moving in on my middle finger. it itches sometimes like MAD and i have been to he doc for it. they have given me ointments and creams, suggested omegas... but they haven't really fixed anything. i am willing to do what it takes! help me! ANYONE?!?!?! it is so hard having it on my hand because i have to wash them, do laundry, dishes etc etc... and it ges irritated from all that as well. i HAVE to get rid of this!
-anita

snlmama
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
YES! Food allergies are the most common cause of eczema. It can also be caused by airborn allergies, but still it is an allergic reaction.
Some of the most common foods that cause eczema are dairy, soy, wheat, chocolate and citrus. My mind is blanking on a couple of other common ones.... :think

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Yep--ds2 had bleeding eczema that only went away when we eliminated citric acid.

cobluegirl
05-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Yes...most definitely. I believe that most eczema is caused by food allergies....the top ones are
dairy, wheat, corn, and citrus I believe. Also boosting your EFA intake often helps a lot.

Punkie
05-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Absolutely! My ds' eczema is from his dairy allergy.

Irene
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
another absolutely vote ;) did it start under a ring? or just on your ring finger? could it be ringworm? (its not a worm, its yeast) I had that under my watch on my wrist. it kept getting bigger and bigger.

anitajoye
05-13-2005, 08:50 PM
OH MAN! WELL, i guess i will start eliminating and see what happens. i eat a alot of fruit, dairy and wheat! and my eczema is BLEEDING! won't get better, its increidible and FRUSTRATING! ouch ouchy. thanks ladies!
-anitajoye

anitajoye
05-14-2005, 12:53 AM
OH MAN! WELL, i guess i will start eliminating and see what happens. i eat a alot of fruit, dairy and wheat! and my eczema is BLEEDING! won't get better, its increidible and FRUSTRATING! ouch ouchy. thanks ladies!
-anitajoye
ps i am sure its not fungal. i have tried that treatment route as well!

Irene
05-14-2005, 10:59 AM
(((((((((anita))))))))))))

cobluegirl
05-14-2005, 05:11 PM
owie.....yes eliminate the wheat and dairy and go from there.