PDA

View Full Version : Handbook of Nature Study

Mama Calidad
05-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Does anyone here have the Handbook of Nature Study recommended on amblesideonline? I'd like to get an idea what is covered in it and if it would be beneficial for us where we live. I've purchased nature study stuff in the past that wasn't very useful to us, because we were too far south for 90% of it. I'd really appreciate any help you could give me in making a decision on this, preferrably before my free shipping coupon expires tomorrow. :lol

lumpofclay
05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I have the book, but I haven't used it. (just got it a couple of weeks ago)

I've never been further south than Florida, though, so I can't tell you if it would work for you or not. Besides, because I haven't actually used the book, again, I can't tell you if it might work. The table of contents is 5 pages, double columns! So there's no way I can get it typed in for you today. What about amazon.com? Can you check out the table of contents there?

Sorry I'm not more help! :/

Mama Calidad
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
What about amazon.com? Can you check out the table of contents there?

Sorry I'm not more help! :/

:doh That was exactly the advice that I needed! I checked the table of contents at amazon and it looks awesome! We'll have to find other references for a lot of plant life, but I can deal with that. Thank you so much for your suggestion! :doh :doh :doh :D

lumpofclay
05-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Glad I could help. Usually I'm the one going :doh :lol :lol :lol

Sara
05-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm in "South" Dakota, but that's about as far south as I've been. :grin

However, we received this book (from my dad - what a cool guy!) about 2.5-3 weeks ago, and I love it. It is such an awesome resource. Obviously it isn't going to cover everything (what book would?) but it covers SO much! I'd recommend getting it. :)

PrincessMommie
05-12-2005, 09:13 PM
:tu It is a great resource. :)