PDA

View Full Version : let the children come - does anyone know this? it's an ezzo book

malakoa
05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
i have a specific question - please p.m. me if you're familiar with it -

SandKsmama
05-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Aren't these just the new names of the old Prep for Parenting, Prep for Toddler, GKGW, etc.? Same books, new names (I'm assuming it's an effort for folks who know that GKGW is crap to be lured in by the new and different)
I believe the new names are:
Let the Children come...Along the infant way
" " " " ...Along the toddler way etc etc

Amanda

CelticJourney
05-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Ezzo lost his publisher a couple of years ago due to the controversy and when he started self-publishing he changed the names of the books. Many people are familiar with the Prep books. Feel free to ask away.

malakoa
05-12-2005, 03:51 PM
okay - here's my question.

someone i know uses "let the children come"

her baby is the same age as mine.

she said she's getting ready to wean from his 3 a.m. feeding.

i thought the whole point of babywise was your baby sleeps through the night right away....

what am i missing? i've seen her reset her stop watch at the end of feedings to determine when the next one will be.

why would you set an alarm for 3 a.m.?

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
part of the baby program is a very strict schedule for feeings and wake times. I imagine that cutting out the feedings is part of the whole getting them to sleep through thing--and she might be choosing to nurse more often than he recommends? Or the new material might recommend better nursing info at least for in the beginning?

snlmama
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Are you sure she didn't say 3 *p.m.* ?
If I'm remembering correctly, the moms I know who did Ezzo went to only 2 nursings per day, at when they were 8-9 months old.
I've never known anyone who did the Ezzo program who nursed at night after they were 8 weeks old. :shrug

malakoa
05-13-2005, 08:48 AM
yep. 3 am.

she described the book as quite flexible. maybe it was for her. we all get different interpretations of things, right?

JessicaTX
05-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Lol
Quite flexible, while she sets a stopwatch...somehow those two just don't seem to mesh together to me.

TulipMama
05-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Because of the problems with milk supply and slow growth, *some* mothers and some Ezzo advocates are more likely to keep in late-night / early-morning feedings now. (Which is a good thing, IMO. Makes the program potentially less harmful, even if it is still not optimal.)

katiekind
05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Users of that program are encouraged to lose the over night feeding if they don't think the baby really needs it and is just waking for it out of habit. They say if the baby wakes up at the same time every night for the feeding, that means it's more of a habitual thing than an actual need. (I find this confusing since they consider it a natural outcome of implementing the "routine" for the baby's hunger to "line up with" his or her scheduled feeding times during the day. But if his hunger does that at night, it's a sign he doesn't need the feeding. :sa )

"not all babies go by the book. There are some little ones whose internal clocks get "stuck" at the nighttime feeding. If you have a digital timepiece and notice that your baby is waking at nearly the same time each night, that's a strong indicator that his or her biological clock is stuck.

To correct the situation....When your baby awakens, give him a chance to resettle. You really do not need to rush in right right away [sic]. Any crying will be temporary, lasting from five to possibly forty-five minutes. Remember, this will be temporary!"--Babywise 2001 p. 124--125

The quote above has babies around the age of 9 weeks and older in mind. Keep in mind the Ezzos vehemently deny that they teach mothers to use "crying it out".

Does that help?

malakoa
05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Users of that program are encouraged to lose the over night feeding if they don't think the baby really needs it and is just waking for it out of habit. They say if the baby wakes up at the same time every night for the feeding, that means it's more of a habitual thing than an actual need. (I find this confusing since they consider it a natural outcome of implementing the "routine" for the baby's hunger to "line up with" his or her scheduled feeding times during the day. But if his hunger does that at night, it's a sign he doesn't need the feeding. :sa )

"not all babies go by the book. There are some little ones whose internal clocks get "stuck" at the nighttime feeding. If you have a digital timepiece and notice that your baby is waking at nearly the same time each night, that's a strong indicator that his or her biological clock is stuck.

To correct the situation....When your baby awakens, give him a chance to resettle. You really do not need to rush in right right away [sic]. Any crying will be temporary, lasting from five to possibly forty-five minutes. Remember, this will be temporary!"--Babywise 2001 p. 124--125

The quote above has babies around the age of 9 weeks and older in mind. Keep in mind the Ezzos vehemently deny that they teach mothers to use "crying it out".

Does that help?

i want to cry anytime i hear that stuff....