PDA

View Full Version : Evening Primrose Oil and Eczema/Dermatitis !!!!

Soliloquy
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I sooooo thrilled! I read an article in this month's issue of Mothering Magazine about eczema and it mentioned taking EPO at the full or double dose.

A few months ago I suddenly had red, itchy, flaky, bleeding skin. I'm not sure if I have eczema or the beginnings of psoriasis (my dad has psoriasis and my dermatitis is in the exact same spots he has it). I tried a steroid cream from the dermatologist and it helped but I didn't like the idea of using it.

Well, I started taking Evening Primrose Oil in addition to the other oils I was taking (flax and fish) and my skin is 90% improved in a week!

I'm taking 3000 mg a day--1000 mg at each meal.

Just thought I'd share my :tu in case anyone else wants to give it a try.

cobluegirl
05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Fish oil is also another good addition to the oil regime for skin disorders.

anitajoye
05-12-2005, 10:57 AM
awesome! i was just getting on to ask a question about eczema. it awoke me with incredible itching last night. i will start taking that today.
-anita

Soliloquy
05-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Anita--I hope it works for you, too! Mine ]== :tol is getting better every day.

Irene
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
we have had success with fish oils to :tu

asher
05-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I also have had success w/ my & dd's eczema w/ Fish Oil. I'll have to try the EPO. Anyone use Graham's Natural Alternatives? It's an Austrailian all natural product & it has really worked well for dd's eczema. www.eczema-psoriasis.com

Tina

cobluegirl
05-14-2005, 05:22 PM
I also have had success w/ my & dd's eczema w/ Fish Oil. I'll have to try the EPO. Anyone use Graham's Natural Alternatives? It's an Austrailian all natural product & it has really worked well for dd's eczema. www.eczema-psoriasis.com

Tina
so which stuff do you use for the eczema?

Soliloquy
05-14-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd been taking fish oil for several months and not seen any improvement. Maybe I wasn't taking enough. How much should I take a day?

asher
05-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Coblugirl~

The Calendulis Plus Cream™. Yikes, their prices look like they've gone up!

Tina