PDA

View Full Version : Slinging Big Kids!

MamatoBiz
05-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Who else's big kid loves still loves the sling? I know I asked this a long time ago on the old board, but sometimes I like to hear from others like us since I get so much flak for "still putting up with that" ;)

Biz will be four in 3 months and still adores the sling. She asks for the sling in crowded places where she feels insecure, if she's overstimulated or just really upset about something, and if she's missed me a lot during the day and wants to snuggle while I make dinner. I think it's very very sweet when she brings it to me and says "can I have a sling cuddle while you make spaghetti?"

I'm going to get my mom to take a pic of us slinging, since I don't see too many toddler slinging pictures floating around and post it here.

If anyone has any slingin' big kids pictures, share!

Katherine
05-11-2005, 02:08 PM
My ds will be 4 in Oct. and he adores the sling, although TBH I rarely do it anymore. It's not a matter of unwillingness on my part, but of practicality. I have another little boy 1.5 yo and I'm pg so my back is over-extended already. Also ds is the size of a 6 yo (seriously). :)

But he will sometimes request to sleep in it, and will bundle himself up, or he will just snuggle with it awhile, and occasionally I do pop him in for a little while, even if I have to sit down while he's in it. :)

BeckaBlue
05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
dd is 3 (and 50lbs) and still loves the sling! but ds gets dibs on the sling still so she doesnt go in it very often. dd2 (almost 6) loves goin in the sling too!