PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like to do jigsaw puzzles?

krista1966
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey,
Does anyone like to do jigsaw puzzles in their spare time? I do mine while my daughter is in bed asleep at night. I also try to do it in the morning before she wakes up. I do puzzles because it helps me to relax. I have an anxiety attacks. So doing puzzles helps me to relax and calm down when i get too stressed. By working on the puzzle before I go to bed and before she wakes up helps me to have a better day and night. since my DH works two jobs for me to stay home with our DD.
If anyone has a jigsaw puzzle that want to swap for let me know. I will do a swap with you.
thanks
Krista

Thia
05-11-2005, 06:11 AM
I like to work on them as well. I haven't done one in a long time though!

Oliveshoots
05-11-2005, 06:27 AM
before dc, dh and I did them ALL the time. We always had a huge one out on the table. That is something I fondly remember doing with my parents and grandparents, and now I enjoy doing them with MIL when we visit her. Before the kids came along she would buy us one every Christmas. Ds loves puzzles now, too....just like his ma and pa :D

MamaKanga
05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Yes, I love to do them, but I tend to get obsessed with finishing one :blush so I don't let myself do them anymore!

Chris3jam
05-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Me and the kids like to do them. I usually end up doing most of it, though (especially if it's a big one). :D

Gailmegan
05-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I always used to do them with my parents and now ds1 and I do them all the time.

krista1966
05-12-2005, 05:49 PM
cool i like to seeing and reading everybody's thought about the jigsaw puzzle. My DD and I love to do puzzles. Right now we are doing an old mickey mouse puzzle that is titled the Spirit of 76. It is a hard puzzle because the pieces are all cut differently. So it is a little bit of a challenge for my DD and myself. But we are doing it. Once it is done then I will take a picture of it and post it for all you to see.
thanks
Krista

BeckaBlue
05-12-2005, 06:05 PM
my dd's both love big puzzles! i usually stick w/ the 24-48 piece though still, but they're only 3 and 5.

ive never been a big fan of doin them, but i love watchin my girls doin em!

butterflyqueen71
05-24-2005, 06:53 AM
I absolutely LOVE jigsaw puzzles! I used to do them all the time before dd was born. Walmart sells a 500pc by encore for $.88...I used to do those all the time. I also like the Kodak ones, the 1000pc. My goal is to one day complete a 10,000pc puzzle!

krista1966
06-12-2005, 03:27 PM
cool. well the mickey mouse puzzle that my dd and I were doing is no more. She decided she had enough with it. So we are going to work on another one.
take care

Beyond Blessed
06-12-2005, 03:53 PM
:grin love em!

:tol i am trying to get my boys addicted so i put them on www.jigzone.com - it's addictive.

jujubnme
06-12-2005, 04:29 PM
I love doing puzzles, but it's been eons since I worked on a real challenging one. I'm really good at Julius's floor puzzles though. ;) :lol