PDA

View Full Version : Grandma of twins

ArmsOfLove
05-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I met a woman last week down in Mexico at the dentists' office who is a grandma of twins. She was enjoying my little guys :D Then she made a comment about how her daughter had the 3yo girls on a very strict schedule because she works and has to get her sleep. So I smiled and said, "Oh, sleep is so important when you have two. We cosleep and I get about 8-10 hours a night or I don't know how I could function and take care of my three older children." :grin She :eek and was shocked that I got that much sleep without a schedule ;)

MarynMunchkins
05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
:)

Iarwain
05-11-2005, 12:38 PM
:lol :cool

cannuke
05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Good for you! :highfive

Epieikeia
05-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Awesome reply...gonna use you when I get a similar comment on scheduling(if you don't mind is :mrgreen).

Dizzy Blond
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
:) Co-sleeping saved my sanity! :D When I went to work FT, it was the only way I could ever get enough sleep at night. :highfive

MomTo7
05-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Well yeah :think so am I.....How do you get that much sleep? Saxton was up almost all night making funny "billy goat" sounds. He was fine if I sat up and held him...wanted NO part of sleep. Sydney was great but got woke up by the Billy Goat on several occasions.

I tell ya. if these twins weren't so cute, I would have cried already.

I get really cranky when I don't get to sleep. I average 3 hours a night now (if I get to bed at 10) after very full days.

No whining..really I am not. I know how blessed I am...just wondering Crystal how you get the sleep. I finally gave up with trying to put them in their crib...(was afraid baby girl would mule kick them as she is a wild sleeper). They sleep with me now and have been kick several times. Maybe that's what happen? :think

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh :hug Your little ones are adorable!

Here's our nighttime routine. . . . the older kids play in the playroom until it's time for them to be settling down and they come in here and lay down. I'm nursing the boys on the nursing pillow on and off during this time. They can fall asleep on or around me and then dh moves them after they are asleep. When I'm ready to go to bed dh helps me remove the nursing pillow and get settled with the boys--one on each side of me and I nurse them to sleep laying down. Normally I just fall asleep while we're nursing :) That's usually around 10-ish and they nurse sometimes at 1:30 but usually at 3:30 and then again around 6 but I sleep through them after I get them latched on. If we get up at 6 that's 8 hours of sleep but many mornings we go back to sleep until 8am while the kids are in the other room. My dh, when he leaves for work very early in the am, leaves bowls of cereal with cups of milk for the kids to make their own breakfast so they can entertain themselves until I'm up for the day.

I will say that Liam didn't sleep well at all for a very long time and then the other 4 have all been good sleepers. And Liam started sleeping after we cleaned up our diet.

And last night they were all congested (not sure if it's allergies or teething or both) and didn't sleep well which means I had a rough night and I'm so glad that's not the norm!

milkmommy
05-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I had the privlege of seeing Crystal and her twins in person, It was inspiring :mrgreen One thing I noted right off is why the twins weren't on a "schedule" they were deffiently intuned with each other, I found it soo cool her double nursing.

Deanna

Iarwain
05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh ((Misty)) your little guys are so tiny yet! When they get to where they're latching themselves on and you don't have to help as much or even wake up fully it'll get much, much easier to get more sleep. Really it will.

I don't think I ever really got 8-10 hours of good sleep when my twins were tiny but I'm pretty sure I got a good 6-7 a night. They nursed every two hours each at night for months and months so it was pretty interrupted but I got really good at flipping from side to side, latching one on and drifting back off without losing too much sleep.

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh, and let me make sure to add that for the first two months I did not get much sleep at all! I was a walking zombie :( 3 hours was a GREAT night's sleep! When I was able to stop supplementing and pumping then it got a little better but they were still up nursing and I had to sit up in bed and nurse them while wide awake. Then I was able to lay down but not comfortably and I had to stay awake. And finally--by about 3 months I was able to lay on my back and latch them both on--things got much better after that!

Allison
05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
That's awesome!

doubleblessings
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes the first couple of months are zomby time. I don't have great sleepers(they are getting a little better), but I go to bed when they do (although sometimes I bring my laptop like now and don't go to sleep right away) and while I don't get the 8-10 hours Crystal mentions, I do usually feel rested in the morning. I was actually amazed at how well I did on VERY little sleep in the beginning.