PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new to slinging...maya ?

BornFreeBaby
05-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi slingin mamas,

I'm Teri, a newbie here. I love slinging my 26 lb dd (17m.o.) in the Nojo but I feel sooooo dorky in it- :shifty
I was looking at the maya wrap website and I am trying to decide between the reg. Maya wrap ring sling or the Maya adjustible pouch.
I am looking for something easy-

Have any of you tried the adj. pouch with a toddler?

TIA!

sadie
05-10-2005, 04:08 PM
I love, love LOVE my Maya. :tu :tu :tu

However, I'm not so sure the pouch would work for an older child. I have never tried it, though. Perhaps it will work just fine. :)

But I think the regular sling is a much better option. :mrgreen

Mamaka
05-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Not sure about the pouch, but have used the sling with ds up to almost 40#. He's long too and it still works very well for him. :tu

BornFreeBaby
05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Just an update on this:

I just got my black maya adj. pouch on Saturday from one of the ladies here who distributes them;
www.somethingnewcreations.com

and I want to tell you all that it is my new favorite! I was able to adj. the pouch so it fit perfect. I can now carry dd more comfortably w/o all the padded fabric and even though she is almost 18 mo. she seems happier and doesn't mind the back carry. In fact I feel more secure w/ her in the back carry position in this than in my old nojo. Today she actually brought me the pouch because she wanted me to wear her! :happytears
So now i am sold on the adj.pouch for the toddlers. Although I will def. purchase the maya orig. sling for my next baby bc it seems easier for bf ing..

So thanks all!