PDA

View Full Version : To all the CM mamas

AprilBr
05-10-2005, 06:11 AM
Thank you, thank you, and thank you! :heart :clap Ever since I have been reading all of the topics regarding Miss Mason I have been intrigued. So I got some books at the library by Catherine L. and Karen A. and let me tell you I LOVE THIS! Of course we aren't doing anything really strict but Rachel has already asked to do a God's Creation Book (ie. Nature Notebook) and we are reading lots of wonderful books, which we have been doing anyway. Rachel still loves doing her HWT so we are sticking to that right now. We aren't doing a formal phonics program anymore. We were doing starfall but it started to really frustrate us. She is already reading small books to Elisabeth...by herself! Math we are mostly doing number flash cards to help her recognize the number and not just the order, counting bears, time and money every now and then. Not sure if we need a formal math program. I was thinking about getting some more manipulatives and maybe a colorful math workbook at walmart but who knows. They have the wipe off addition and subtraction one's for $2.47. She won't be 5yrs old until August and so we are slowly going the CM way. Not too strict but it will get a little more strict by age 6 or 7 or if she asks for more structure...which she has done. We got some wonderful art books at the library too! This just seems like a lot more fun then what we have done in the past. I know it may seem that I am doing a lot with a 4 yr old but she literally asks to do these things every day of the week. Sometimes it is difficult for me to remember she is just 4 and when it hits me, it just blows me away. I just want to thank you ladies for inspiring me. :grouphug

erinee
05-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Aw, I like how you call it a God's Creation Book. Was that your idea, or is it in CM's writings somewher? I hadn't heard it called that, but I think we'll start using it, too!

I'm glad you've been so inspired. I just can't get enough of reading about CM and ambleside. I can't wait to "officially" get started as soon as Zach gets out of school!

AprilBr
05-10-2005, 06:42 AM
I got it from one of the books I have read but for the life of me I cannot remember which one. :doh

PrincessMommie
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi April, welcome to the World of CM!!

Sounds like your doing a wonderful job to me, without a Math curriculum! ;)

Erin we use Ambleside here...have you joined the AO yahoo group?
You'll learn so much there.

erinee
05-12-2005, 02:37 AM
have you joined the AO yahoo group?

Yes, I"m on that, Ambleramble, and several of the other smaller ambleside groups. I also joined the Beauty and Grace one for mothers with daughters. They're so great and helpful! :hearts

lumpofclay
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
What's Beauty and Grace?

erinee
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Beauty and Grace is an off-shoot of the AO email list for mothers & daughters.

PrincessMommie
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Great I'm glad you on the lists I've learned SO much from those. :)
I own a few small AO lists and it's just so fun.

SueQ
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I am on several AO lists and I love them! They are so helpful to me and I have learned so much from them!

Oh you all are very welcome to visit and participate in my CMLearning EZboard (http://p097.ezboard.com/bcmlearning). I am trying to get it more active!

erinee
05-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh you all are very welcome to visit and participate in my CMLearning EZboard .

I posted my intro over there the other day (my username is the same). It looks really great!