PDA

View Full Version : Who else is doing the Makers diet?

Earthylady
05-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I saw another post from a few weeks ago of others that were doing it and I wondered if we could all chat about how we're doing and where we are on it.

DH and I are doing this. Although not to the T of the book. I tried all the goat stuff and I just couldn't handle it, and DH wouldn't touch it, so I did still use raw cow cheese and milk for phase one. Dh ate the raw cow cheese, but refrained from any other dairy as he used to use soymilk and ice cream daily. As well as we are doing an accelerated version of it, nor are we fasting. Not the whole 40 days. We did Phase 1 for 7 days and followed it to the letter except for the goat's milk stuff that I mentioned and didn't fast.

We are now on day 2 of Phase 2..which we'll do for a week and then move on to phase 3.

I don't really have any health issues, but DH is overweight and lactose intolerant. He was extremely hard to convince into this diet from the beginning. So, when he was willing to give it a shot for one week, I had to do a lot of extras to keep him in it! Like pack his lunch and plenty of snacks that he would actually like. He was STARVING, but he hung in there! I'm so proud of him! BUT! I have to say, yesterday he got to enjoy sour cream and cottage cheese for the first time in a couple of years without it upsetting his stomach! And I don't mean he tiptoed around with it either! He ate HUGE helpings of cottage cheese and sour cream yesterday! I am just AMAZED! Plus, after only 6 days of the diet, he had lost 11 pounds!

Also, we didn't do the supplements. My sister bought me the clenzology kit, the vitamins, and cod liver oil. But, I keep forgetting to use them.

How's everyone else doing?

Mandy

cobluegirl
05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
wow what great results!!!!

TillSuper6
05-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Hi,
I started the Maker's Diet as well as just healthy eating lifestyle back in January when Dr. Rubin did a big promotion on his book here in Atlanta. It really helped me get on the road to better understanding nutrition and just healing the body. I followed phase 2 and 3 but I have just implemented eating whole foods and whole grains, as much organic produce, and raw dairy whenever possible (it is illegal except cheese). I lost all of my pregnancy weight and Dh is also losing weight. DH has lost slower than me but that is ok, he was also lactose intolerant ( but would still eat lots of dairy) He was having trouble with sleep apnea which is 90% better. I do the cleanzology with my own essential oils. I am not big on getting all those supplement because I figure the money I am spending on this stuff it could be for REAL FOOD :lol>Anyway with all that said Dr. Rubin book got us off the Fastfood diet mentality and really started us on the pathway to whole food living. I dont do any of the fermenting bake goods but I use yogurt and buttermilk in my whole wheat or Kamut pancakes. I just kind of follow along know. I am satisfied with my weight. I am able to jog now with out feeling to tired and like my knees are about to give out. So in my long boring story I like the makers diet, especially for me a person that did not know what good nutrition was.

Earthylady
05-10-2005, 06:44 AM
I was shocked the first time I was told that raw dairy was illegal! But, I have found exceptions. I found a couple of places that sell non homogenized milk. It's still pasteurized, but not homogenized and not ultra pasteurized like most milk in the stores. It's really good. I also found a place that will sell raw milk, but it has to be called "pet milk" by the laws with the assumption it is for your pet. :D In the back of the diet book there is a place called Organic Pastures where you can order raw milk from California, but the shipping prices are outrageous! And my sister also found a place in South Carolina that she can buy it...they don't pump until you get there. So, it's REALLY fresh. But again, it's called "pet milk".

I was also shocked by all the stuff in the book about toxins in your home. It was just over all a real eye opener!

I didn't know it could help with sleep apnea too! That's awesome! How long have you guys been on this? How long did it take to just become second nature and not be so consuming and feeling out of your norm?

Thanks!
Mandy

TillSuper6
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
We have been eating healthy since January. I use Sue Greggs cookbook, alot of the recipes in the back of Maker's Diet, and just replace some of my favorite with all natural, whole grain, or fresh made from scratch ingredients. As far as my Dh sleep apnea he had a lot of abdominal fat and he has lost a lot of weight around his mid section so he is not snoring and sounding like he stops breathing able to rest better. I think Dr.Jordan, Sue Gregg, Sally Falston all of them follow Dr. Weston Price's phlosopy. I have been enjoying learning just how much eating the wrong or right food effects our body and emotions. It is such a learning experience, just thankful that I am learning and passing it on to my kids :grin

SO how are you doing on it?