PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Wicking!

mama2mychildren
05-09-2005, 02:28 PM
This is such a problem for us that I give up often and put her FT in sposies.

We switched to using kissaluvs. I dont know if shes a heavy wetter or I dont change her often enough or what but she is always wicking and soaking her pants. This seems to happen more often if in a Bummis SWW. What am I doing wrong? I get tired of changing her pants and tired of washing covers after one use. Is it the Kissaluvs? The Bummis? My water? DD is 2 and I guess you would say she's a heavy wetter.

wuzzie
05-09-2005, 02:32 PM
You need a doubler dear. How old are the Bummis? They do break down after a while. I never found the kissaluvs very absorbant, but one with a super doubler I found OK. You should be changing every time she pees, or every 2 hours or so.

2sunshines
05-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I've recently had the same frustration with my bummis sww. They are my fave covers, but recently I have been noticing that they have been wicking and making dd's pants wet... :hissyfit They are a couple of years old though... :shrug

milkmommy
05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
First wash the bummi and dry on hot it can help restore it tossing in a dryer sheet will also help (DON't with the diaper!) you might need to move up a size in cover. Kissaluvs IMHO are just lousy for heavy wetters Id consider adding a doubler.

Deanna

Saphirah
05-09-2005, 06:46 PM
I had big wicking issuses with the bummis so when Josh need a bigger size I went with the proraps and am much happier.

mama2mychildren
05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm thinking its the covers now. Proraps dont do that for us. I am so dissapointed overall with the kissaluvs, great idea in theory but they really soak through fast. Wondering if they'll do better for our newborn?