PDA

View Full Version : Whats the diffrence?

milkmommy
05-09-2005, 10:52 AM
between organic and all natural?

Deanna

Lantern Light Mama
05-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok I may be wrong...

Oraganic means grown without the use of Genetically modified seeds, foods, or pesticides. Measures are taken to ensure it is safe.

Natural means there are no added perservatives and stuff I think.

Anyhoooos I know there is a difference, but leave it up to me to forget what it is when you really need to know!

ArmsOfLove
05-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Well there are requirements for being officially "organic" (though lots of things say "organic" without truly being so :rolleyes--you have to look for the certified organic label). The earth has to be pesticide free for so many years, for one thing.

"All natural" just means made from all natural ingredients. Usually no preservatives, but just made from things that come from nature.

milkmommy
05-09-2005, 11:38 AM
So are organic stuff still considered "natural" just grown in a safer way? I bought some more peanut butter and I ussually buy Laura Scudder's all natural smooth but they also had an organic version so I was wondering the diffrence :shrug I still got the natural because thats what DD likes but would the organic always be the better choice?

Deanna

Soliloquy
05-12-2005, 09:40 PM
IMO organic is always the better choice when available and if you can afford it.

Food labeled "organic" is regulated, so if it has a seal or statement that it's "certified organic" you can be pretty sure it's good stuff.

I think almost any food can have "natural" slapped on the label, but I could be wrong in that . . . but I think it can be loosely interpreted and applied . . .

regarding the peanut butter, the two probably taste the same, but the organic kind would be free from pesticides and herbicides (and cost more).

ArmsOfLove
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
organic will always be the healthier choice, and usually the more expensive, but make sure it's certified organic because anything can also say organic because of the way the laws are :rolleyes But, yes, all natural is good and organic would be a notch above :)

milkmommy
05-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks I'll have to go with the organic next time its a bit more but just a few cents :shrug I've always wondered about that :lol

Deanna