PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for lunch?

Lantern Light Mama
05-09-2005, 08:31 AM
My cabinets are getting bare. May the Lord bless me soon with the wonderful groceries of payday! :mrgreen

I'm craving home fried potatoes and a big glass of cholocate milk. But what are you having? Mikey and I are french fry maniacs. Hmmm, are the still bad for you if the peels are left on and you cook em in olive oil?

HEmomma
05-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Hadleigh will probably have some soup and a grilled cheese. I'm having a lean cuisine and a salad. Gotta love lean cuisines on WW. :)

sadie
05-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Tabbouleh over fresh baby spinach, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and probably some V8, for me.

Delicious BM for dd! :mrgreen

Happy Mom
05-09-2005, 09:51 AM
sadie, I want your lunch.

My cabinets are getting bare, too, I can relate! (come on payday!)

I'm thinking I'll whip up some mashed potatoes and boil that last ear of corn in the fridge. :)

milkmommy
05-09-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm alone with DD DH gonna b working till late tonight. For luch I'm making us bean and cheese burritos I'm going to have a salad with mine and I'll give dd a fruit cup.
Chocolate milk (Ovaltine to be exact :P is popular in this house also ;))
Deanna

DogwoodMama
05-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I had ham & swiss on rye, some cheese puffs & 2 kiwis (half to dd. :))

snlmama
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I had pb&j and a diet coke. Ds had the last of the turkey we had and an apple. For dinner we're having beans and rice. I want Sadie's lunch too!

Lantern Light Mama
05-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok oddly enough my lunch issue was solved! At the last minute I remember LLL was meeting not far from post today so I went to the meeting...of course I was 30 min. late because I had to get DS from school. :blush And I had also forgotten it was potluck.

Anyway, thankfully the ladies did not care that I did not bring a dish and I ended up having two sandwhiches (yummmm) a juice, carrots, and triscuits...certainly more healthy than what I was craving! lol!

ArmsOfLove
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I had rice pasta with vegan gourmet cheese (mac and cheese) and a huge salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoe, avacadoe and Brianna's Avacado dressing :yum

TraceMama
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Ds had some left-over grilled cheese, a few bites of green beans and some baked beans. I had a chocolate meal replacement shake (no, it does NOT satisfy my chocolate craving) and will have some fresh strawberries.

French fries, a pot luck, mac and cheese, anything and everything sound good to me right now :)

Charlie U
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Do I dare admit it? Microwave popcorn. Shhhhh.

tiglet
05-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Roast beef sandwich with pickles. :)

But I want Sadie's lunch!

sadie
05-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I always make a batch of fresh tabbouleh on Sunday and Wednesday, and I always keep fresh spinach in the house. :)

That way I have no excuse to not eat healthy. :blush

ArmsOfLove
05-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, and for snack I made tomato basil hummus with rice crackers. Very easy to make and yummy yummy :)

tiglet
05-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Tomato basil hummus....

Sounds absolutely wonderful.

Am proud of the salad we had for dinner last night, though - organic spinach and romaine with tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, radishes, carrots, swiss cheese, turkey, and raspberry vinaigrette!

Punkie
05-10-2005, 12:36 PM
We are having feta hazzelnut ravioli :)

boonpnutsmom
05-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Lunch??? Its only 930am here. I just had some avacado and my pills, not much room for anything else after those 36 pills. Oh and COFFEE, needed it after yesterday but that is a whole other post somewhere.

Gailmegan
05-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, I am a day behind the rest of you but the boys had PB&J and I had a big salad with mixed greens, red peppers, scallions and turkey with homemade cilantro dressing. We just snacked on apple with almond butter. I'm still licking my fingers.

TheSweetLife
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
You guys are so good! I had angel hair pasta with red sauce for lunch and now I can't stop eating the Almond Roca dh got me for Mother's day! Someone take them away from me!

milkmommy
05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
umm I'm eatting Apple cimmimon soy crisps as I ponder what I really want :O

Deanna