PDA

View Full Version : So excited!!!

Forgiven
05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
So my dd got her pictures made today and as we were leaving there was a few kids selling candy bars for $1. I looked over and noticed they were a homeschool group and felt really bad when I didn't have a dollar to buy one. So on the way to the car I got all the money out of my purse (80cents) and then dug through the car to get the rest of the money. I ran back to the store while my dh got the kids in the car. The boys mom was soooo nice and guess what----they have a homeschool preschool group!!!! This is so exciting. Plus she gave me a flyer for the annual homeschool curriculum sale next Friday. I'm so excited because they will have the area homeschool groups handing out brochures so I can find out even more about stuff in our area. DH is really excited because he wants DD to do preschool stuff but were not sure about sending her somewhere so this seems like a great solution. So someone tell me what I should consider when joining a group. Thanks!

CelticJourney
05-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Its always fun when you can plug into the local resources! I joined my current homeschool group when dd1 was less than 4yo so that I could meet other mothers and get my feet wet before facing 'legal requirements'. She's 10 now.

Celeste
05-08-2005, 04:55 AM
how lucky to stumble on a group like that!

mamahammer
05-08-2005, 12:31 PM
What a great discovery!