PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Scrapbooking

tree_hugger
05-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Try as I might, I cannot catch the digital scrapbooking bug. The pages I've seen here are just beautiful, but I guess I'm addicted to cardstock, paper trimmers and hundreds of little blue squares littering my carpet.

I thought I'd share a layout I just finished tonight. It is of Benjamin's 2nd birthday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/KathleenRay/Picture001.jpg

And here is my workspace. It is in a corner of the living room, so I can watch the children (or TV :O ) while I work. It is also right next to a glass sliding door which leads onto the backyard, so I can supervise the children playing outside.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/KathleenRay/Picture002.jpg

Normally it's pretty tidy, but I'd just finished working when I took this pic, so it's a real shambles.

I'd love to see anyone else's traditional scrapbook pages. Pretty please? And keep the digital ones coming too! :)

Meli
05-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Looks great! Thanks for the pm - did you know there's a craft group at NVBC on Friday mornings? I used to go before I started work. There is a table for scrapbookers, and child minding (mother's taking turns).

tree_hugger
05-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Yup, I knew about it, but didn't know details, like what days, etc. I'll think about it! TBH, though, I am not really a social scrapper :O and I feel a bit lost going to crops without my computer. :shrug

2sunshines
05-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Looks great. Hey, traditional scrapping has its benefits too! :mrgreen

MamaKanga
05-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Your page is lovely! And what a great workspace!

lumpofclay
05-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm a traditional scrapbooker too. It works for me. :D

Your page looks great, and so does your workspace. I can "appreciate" the "shambles" it's in. What a wonderful location for your desk! I won't post a picture of my desk. :blush

I don't have any pictures of my pages. I guess I can see about taking some and posting them!

2sunshines
05-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Jessica, yes, take some photographs of your work and share it. We :heart to see scrapping work -- traditional or digital. :mrgreen

tree_hugger
05-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Jessica, yes, take some photographs of your work and share it. We :heart to see scrapping work -- traditional or digital. :mrgreen

Yes, Jessica, please do! :)

memory maker
05-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I do traditional scrapbooking. Havent ever tried digital. My dh owns a business that does photo printing, so we get all of ours for free! I have about 5 books of my ds and about 2 1/2 books done on my dd

Mother of Sons
05-14-2005, 09:53 PM
I do traditional scrapbooking too. I like my pages to be decorative, not boring, but NOT cluttered. I can hardly stand to look at creating keepsakes anymore because you can't even see the photos, it's all about the embellishments.

I don't have much time for it anymore though. has I think 4 or 5 books and the other two don't even have one completed. I need to set aside a weekend and get going.

Digital scrapbooking appeals to me in the sense that there is no mess but it's just not the same as touching the paper and cutting the photos. I don't know I just like that.

lumpofclay
05-14-2005, 11:02 PM
MOS, I so know what you mean about digital not being the same. I like to handle the paper and hold things in my hand to look at them.

I like simple pages. I used to spend so much time on one page. . . till I had Maddux. Two children to take care of will almost always speed you up! :lol Now, with three, I"m afraid we'll be doing good to get pictures and journaling. Around here, they call those "naked albums". :lol :lol I've been working on a weekly schedule, and I think I have at least an hour each week to scrap with the girls. Of course, how much work we'll get done does depend on what T is doing at that scheduled time! ;) Hopefully, it will work out well, though. They love to scrapbook. Chandler has been doing it since she was 2 1/2. (cutting pictures, sticking them down, decorating with stickers. . . it was really amazing how much she could do at 2)

I did post one picture, but I'll have to take some more and add to my thread. (I started a new one with pictures.)

tree_hugger
05-15-2005, 03:13 AM
I do traditional scrapbooking too. I like my pages to be decorative, not boring, but NOT cluttered. I can hardly stand to look at creating keepsakes anymore because you can't even see the photos, it's all about the embellishments.

ITA about CK. The pages are beautiful, but what happened to photos and telling stories? Have you tried Simple Scrapbooks (http://www.simplescrapbooksmag.com)? It has a much more clean, classic style than CK. I also love Clean and Simple Scrapbooking (http://www.simplescrapbooksmag.com/shop/item.ihtml?idx=285) by Cathy Zielske for inspiriation. :heart

aahree
05-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm a traditional scrapbooker, too. There's just something about holding the papers and pictures in your hands. It's like reading a newspaper. I can get the news from TV or online, but there's just something about the feel of a newspaper. :)

I'm becoming more of a simple scrapper every day. I love embellishments, but don't want them to take away from my photos, kwim?

I'm really excited, though, because I'm a consultant for I Remember When, and we just got a line of papers and rub-ons called My Walk, that are gorgeous, faith-based themes. I'm thinking of trying to do a drop-in Bible study this summer at my church, focusing on scrapping our spiritual walks. The idea isn't fully formed in my head yet, but I think it would be so neat to get together with other ladies and share our love of the Lord and of scrapbooking! :)

Krystyne
05-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I am a traditional scrapbooker. I am big on journalling, less on decorating. My kids often choose their scrapbooks for bedtime stories.

tree_hugger
06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
My kids often choose their scrapbooks for bedtime stories.

I can't believe I never thought of that! What a lovely idea. :heart

Radosny Matka
06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
That page looks great. I'm a traditional scrapbooker myself. :D

lovinmama
08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
I too am a traditional scrapbooker. i haven't gotten into the digital part of it. i like the idea of being able to take picture after picture and delete the ones that didn't turn out, but i'd still print them off. i love to hold my pictures in my hands! they're more real to me that way. i like journaling too, it tells a story then. i don't like too many distractions on my pages either. scrapbooking can be an expensive hobby and more embellishments lead to that. i like simple pages. hey, i'm just happy to have my pictures in an album that's somewhat nicely organized, instead of thrown in a box somewhere. my ds's wife will be grateful for his scrapbooks someday, i'm sure! :)

steffanie3
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Regular scrapbooker here. Not that I have finished much, I really need to get a place where I can get everything out and just scrap away. I don't have any interest in digital except maybe a journal program or something. I hate my handwriting and a friend has a neat one with tons of fonts and ways to shape and resize easily made for scrapbooking.

Benjaminswife
02-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I tried to get into digital but I just can't. I love the actual books :)

Radosny Matka
02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
:tu :heart it! I am a traditional scrapbooker too. I like my paper and my tools. :grin