PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Tiles Floors?

TulipMama
05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Our new house (thank you, thank you, God!) has tile floors in all but the bedrooms. *grin* I like tile.

I'd love some tips, though, on efficient cleaning. Anyone with recommended cleaning products and techniques for keeping them clean?

Thanks!

TheSweetLife
05-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Our house has mostly tile too and it can be rather difficult to keep clean but I really like it for the hot summers here. We did have a floormate but it stopped working properly so we took it back to the store and I wasn't impressed enough with it to get another one. What I have ended up doing is just vacuuming the whole thing - we have carpet in the bedroom so I can just do this to the whole house - then mopping about once a week. I think a vacuum works better than just sweeping b/c of the cracks in the tile - it can be hard to get everything with a broom. I should say though that I have a friend who absolutely loves her floormate so maybe it was just me :shrug

jghomeschooler
05-08-2005, 08:00 PM
My fav cleaners for my hard floors (we've had tile and linoleum plus carpet) are: That black sweeper thing that's on tv sometimes, it's rubber, and it sweeps up EVERY speck of dirt, my giant floor roller, that has sticky papers that pick up hairs and stuff like a giant lint roller, my clean team sh-mop, grout brush, oxyclean for grout, and my vacuum to suck up my trash piles after sweeping. hth

TulipMama
05-13-2005, 11:00 AM
My fav cleaners for my hard floors (we've had tile and linoleum plus carpet) are: That black sweeper thing that's on tv sometimes, it's rubber, and it sweeps up EVERY speck of dirt, my giant floor roller, that has sticky papers that pick up hairs and stuff like a giant lint roller, my clean team sh-mop, grout brush, oxyclean for grout, and my vacuum to suck up my trash piles after sweeping. hth

Oh my goodness! You have quite the arsenal!

The people who lived in teh house before us had three dogs. (Ugh, ugh.) Even though the owner had the house professionally cleaned and carpets cleaned, I'm still finding dog hairs everywhere. And the carpets have a leftover smell (only when the bedroom doors have been closed all day--febreeze and vinegar are slowly working their magic!)

Is there a cleaning solution y'all prefer for mopping?

Boys and Angels
05-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Dilute vinegar in water and mop away! The shine is incredible!