PDA

View Full Version : good digital Camera

milkmommy
05-06-2005, 12:19 AM
For under $150 is it possible and No Ebay....

Deanna

BeckaBlue
05-06-2005, 07:13 AM
always had great experience w/ olympus and newegg.com heres one from there for $120 http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830111148 they have a lot more

here's more from newegg for under$150 http://www2.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=150&SubCategory=12&Submit=Property

Leslie
05-06-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm looking at digital cameras, too. I don't know how soon you want to make a purchase, but I'm going to be doing some research with my son and I'll share whatever information I find.

The one we're looking at is a Hewlett Packard at Target for $150. click here (http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=photo_scanner&category=digital_cameras&subcat1=photo_enthusiast&catLevel=2&product_code=L1891A%23ABA)

Epinions also has product reviews; they have cameras listed by price range.
http://www.epinions.com/Digital_Cameras

2sunshines
05-06-2005, 07:45 AM
We have the Sony CyberShot and :heart it!!!

The prices vary, depending on what megapixel you want.

I can't remember how much we paid for ours... I think we got a good deal but it was about a year ago and I can't remember...

milkmommy
05-06-2005, 08:01 AM
I book market the olympus looks good and I'm familiar with their products.. My parents want to get us one. We have a secnd hand one but its giving out.

Deanna

lumpofclay
05-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Check out cnet.com. Go there and click on shopping. Then you can click on digital cameras, and sort by price. Read the reviews. That's how we found the camera we got Chandler for Christmas. She's 7 and has been asking for a camera for two years. We got her the Olympus Camedia D535. It was $125 (about). We might have gotten it from B&H, but I can't remember. FTR, we've always had good results from B&H.

Once you know what you want, check froogle.com. You can sometimes save another 10% on the lowest price published at cnet, but you have to know the product you want when you go to froogle.

BTW, C's camera is really good. 3.2 megapixels! Mine is "only" 4 megapixels.

Oh, consider, though, getting a larger memory card, or whatever the camera uses to store the photos. Usually the ones that come with a camera are small, and an upgrade doesn't cost too much. The lower-end (price-wise) cameras also usually use AA batteries. Consider this too. I would much rather have a rechargeable, but we couldn't find that in the price range we were looking for with C's camera. (Mine is rechargeable.) So we have AA rechargeable batteries, and keep a spare set in her camera bag (charged). Factor that in with your cost.

HTH some!

tiglet
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Wish y'all could convince my husband that a good digital camera could be found for $150!!

:mrgreen :mrgreen :mrgreen

As part of him being a SAHD for 10 weeks after B was born, he bought a $800 :eek Canon Digital Rebel.

(In his, and the camera's defense - it takes *great* pictures!)

Leslie
05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
<<Oh, consider, though, getting a larger memory card, or whatever the camera uses to store the photos. Usually the ones that come with a camera are small, and an upgrade doesn't cost too much.>>

Are upgrades available for all cameras? It looked like some had internal memory, so I assumed they wouldn't take a card.

lumpofclay
05-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Leslie, What kind of camera is it?

BeckaBlue
05-06-2005, 10:33 AM
almost all my pics have been taken w/ an olympus D-450, and is ONLY a 1.3MP! it's giving out so some of my newer pictures aren't nearly as nice as they woulda been if it was working properly, it's about 5yo so it had a pretty good run, esp w/ some less than careful toddlers :lol

:nak
:lol about dh and that camera! we were considering getting an olympus c8080 which runs about $6-700 but haven't totally decided betwene trhat or another olympus

every olympus cam ive looked at too have come w/ rechargeable batteries and a charger

Are upgrades available for all cameras? It looked like some had internal memory, so I assumed they wouldn't take a card.

any remotely decent camera will take a card, if it doesnt, imo, run far far away from it! the internal memory is ok, but there usually isnt much and will still need a card to get a good amt of pics

tiglet
05-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah - I'd stay far away from a camera that doesn't take a card.
Cards let you do stuff like:
-go on vacation and take lots of pictures without having to download them somewhere
-loan a card full of pics to someone for them to download on their own computer
-download some pics while you're still taking pictures with the camera....(with a card reader plugged into a USB port on your computer. Card readers are cheap - less than $20).

We must have 5 or 6 cards. And they're always in use. :)