PDA

View Full Version : My Confession

tree_hugger
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
You may have noticed in my siggy line there is a bit about "learning to mow my own lawn".

I don't mow my own lawn. I have a lawn mower and a whipper-snipper, but I pay some kids in the street $20 to do it. :O

boonpnutsmom
05-06-2005, 01:09 AM
LOL, Whatever works!!!! I still have NEVER mowed a lawn but I bet I could if I HAD TO, :hug

Thia
05-06-2005, 06:26 AM
As a teen I had to mow the lawn and I hated it, so I don't blame you at all. I am sure your time is much better spent learning how to kill those spiders! ICK! I HATE spiders too!

Mamaka
05-06-2005, 09:12 AM
:) I don't mow our lawn either... for the first time in our life we have riding lawn mower and frankly, it scares me :shifty :O

poetmom
05-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I learned how to mow the lawn about 17 yrs ago, when my first husband went into the AF and was gone for almost an entire year between basic training, schooling and then going ahead of us to Germany to set up a house for us. And the "fun" part was that we had this ancient ELECTRIC mower that he'd found at a yard sale somewhere....so I was out there with an extension cord stretched across the yard every week, mowing the yard! At least I never had to worry about it running out of gas while I was in the middle of mowing, you know? :lol

OnlyBelieve
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I do not have a clue how to mow either. If my dh was not here, I would surely be paying someone to come and do it too.
I am not very handy in the outdoor aspects of home keeping.

milkmommy
05-06-2005, 10:41 AM
It was an understood silent marriage vow that I'd take care of the inside of the hoome and DH was in charge of the outside.

Deanna

MamaJamie
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
No one trusts me to mow the lawn. My parents never would, then when I moved in with my grandparents they didn't. And now DH doesn't. It's a well known fact that I am somewhat of a klutz who doesn't pay a lot of attention sometimes and everyone is convinced I'll lose a limb if I mow. I'm not complaining...it was never something that interested me that much anyway!

I say keep on paying those neighborhood kids to do it. It keeps them out of trouble, right?;)

J

toymama
05-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I am probably the odd ball here, but I have always loved mowing the yard. :P I learned to mow when I was in the third grade and have always loved it. When dh lived with us he had really bad allergies so he couldn't mow. That was fine with me because I loved doing it anyway. My parents always said dh was being lazy and that he should be mowing it because I was a girl. Kinda funny, considering my dad was the one who taught me how to mow because he was never home to do it :rolleyes :think

If I had the money though I would pay someone just to do my dishes everyday. :O I hate doing dishes :td

BearyBlessed
05-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't mind mowing, but I can never get the yard to look good when I do. Clumps of wet grass left everywhere. Eewww. DH hates to mow. So, now we pay to get it taken care of. :O

lenswyf
05-09-2005, 05:20 AM
The only times I've mowed in my life were when I was a single mama. That's also when I learned to put lights on the Christmas tree and how to repair a toilet, build a fence, assemble a bookcase, and so on. But most importantly, it's when I learned how to ask for help. $20 is a lot of money -- are you sure there aren't some folks in the church who would be happy to serve you that way?

Abinsmom
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I mow the lawn most of the time. I like doing it -- it's good exercise and it provides immediate gratification. It also saves our weekends -- one less job for DH to do so he has more time for fun with us!

tiglet
05-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Mowing a lawn....
Never thought about it! No lawn. Never had one. We're thinking about trying to plant one this year, though (but one of the items holding us back is "We'd have to buy a lawnmower...")

:)