PDA

View Full Version : Period Questions-TMI

doulaamber
05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Are yours conssitant? I don't mean in days inbetween, but your acutal period. Some months mine are reallllly heavy, some are really light. SOme monhts I have HORRIBLE pain, some I have none. Some are mostly tissue and some are not. Some months really bad diarrhea, and some month not. I don't know what to make of them. It's really irritating never knowing what to expect.

tiglet
05-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Well...nothing is ever constant for me except when I take birth control pills. And I don't like those, so.....

sadie
05-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Ditto. The only time mine were ever consistent was when i was on Depo...and after a year of that I stopped getting it altogether.

But otherwise, mine are/were like yours...all over the place. :shrug

Katigre
05-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Mine have always been consistent cycle to cycle. But my cycles themselves are sometimes irregular.

BeckaBlue
05-06-2005, 11:09 AM
i went months of consistent bleeding 3d, spotting 1d, then it suddenely changes to bleeding 5d, spotting 2, usually would be constistently light, now it can be nything from light to heavy, clotting or not, etc...etc...

I would think it's normal for it to vary :shrug

OliveJuice
05-07-2005, 02:57 PM
When mine became strange, like heavy bleeding one cycle, light the next, I started taking Vitex herb. It made a HUGE difference and my cycles became regular and very predictable. And the good thing about Vitex is after taking it for 6 mo to 18 months it has a long term affect on hormone balance, so you don't need to take it anymore to have the benefits. Vitex helps balance hormones naturally and has been used for along time for PMS and menopause. (vitex makes you more fertile as well; it should not be taken during pregnancy as it affects hormones)

Hope things get better!

ChloesMommy
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
do you use disposable pads/tampons? I've heard many people say that once they switched to mama pads (cloth pads) that their cycle improved.......the theory is that it's related to the chemicals in the disposable.