PDA

View Full Version : Talked to my pastor tonight...

Wonder Woman
05-05-2005, 06:49 PM
and it was an *awesome* conversation!
Someone had given me TTUAC, and I passed it on to him for his opinion. I told his wife I didn't agree with it :rolleyes obviously! He never mentioned it to me. So tonight we were talking, and I mentioned a little about our family giving us grief for not spanking.

He said, "Well, Sister, you *do* know when it talks in the Bible about the rod, the original word means correction or chastisement...steady guidance, right?" :clap :clap :clap Way to go pastor!!!!!!! I told him we did, and that's why we were GBD. :mrgreen

I then asked him if he read TTUAC...he said honestly, he couldn't get past the first 2 chapters because it made him want to vomit. :sick People spreading child abuse in the name of God :hissyfit

I am so proud of my pastor...I knew he was a man of God, but the punitive mindset is *so* common that I was shocked to find he was GBD.

Anyway.....made my night! :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

sadie
05-05-2005, 07:15 PM
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

Katherine
05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
YEAH!!! Very encouraging to know there are pastors like him out there! :) It gives me hope. :clap

greenemama
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
:tu

that's great!

PurpleButterfly
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Now that's a wonderful blessing to know your congregation is being led by that kind of man! What a treasure he is! :heart

:woohoo :praise

happy2bmama
05-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Awesome!!! :clap

Dizzy Blond
05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap Great pastor!!!

katiekind
05-06-2005, 09:14 PM
That's wonderful! May his tribe increase! :amen

Maggie
05-07-2005, 03:11 AM
:mrgreen :mrgreen :mrgreen :mrgreen :mrgreen

shilohmm
05-07-2005, 07:50 AM
:tu

Thanks so much for sharing!

Sheryl

mamahammer
05-07-2005, 07:50 PM
That's wonderful! I hope more and more churches will be open to GBD in the coming years :tu

PrincessMommie
05-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Seems funny to read this because we had our Pastor and his wife over for dinner this past week, and my Dh mentioned to our Pastor (conservative/fundamental Baptist btw) that we 've deciced to no longer spank etc....our Pastor said "spanking isn't everything, and each family must find what works for them"...Ok so he is not AGAINST spanking, but he supports OUR decision to not spank OUR kids..so that's better than it could be for sure. :)