PDA

View Full Version : cd'ing for an unsure beginner?

BeckaBlue
05-04-2005, 09:02 PM
while talking w/ the physical therapist i had ds in just a shirt and cloth dipe and she thought it was great and is interested in possibly starting cloth on her 8mo! my question would be what should i recommend for her (she did ask for more info on cd'ing :) ) what kinds of diapers are best for someone who's just iffy on the whole thing?

I started w/ prefolds/pins/rubberpants, not an ideal IMO for a person only *thinking* about doing it, i was set that i would!

I think ill probably recommend motherease, I've never used they're wraps, and their AIO's i found very bulky around and the covers the same (maybe because they're sz L and ds is on the small side for them?, but they really work well and are very easy to use. I really like wraps and a prefold, but then others like pockets, and others like this and that.

I guess maybe just a couple sites that have a good info of the different types?

I've loved being able to get a good variety of types buying through ebay and here, but she's not really into doing ebay and doesn't have a place like here to get them, lol!

milkmommy
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
What kind of diaper did you DD have on? That might be a good place to start. Whats most important to her?
1) cost? prefolds and wraps maybe onesize
2) ease of use -AIO's pockets
3) containment - Fitted and wraps
4) all natural? organic cotton with wool
5) trimness- pockets

Deanna

kris10s
05-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Pockets are easy and cute. I started out with a couple wonderoos I won I ebay and I LOVED them.

memory maker
05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
for the ease I would definately say pockets. Plus if she decides not to like it, I know FB have a good resale value

PrincessMommie
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
I would recommend Motherease sandy's and Af covers.
And also a few CPF's with some Rikki wraps and snappi's.

mamahammer
05-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd recommend pocket dipes, as well. They are so easy :tu And Happy Heiny's and Ella's Diapers are very similar to disposables since they are velcro closings, kwim? Might be easiest for those used to disposies. Way to spread the love of cloth, mama!

wuzzie
05-07-2005, 06:40 AM
How about some bumkins AIO's? They are just about as easy as you can get. They go on and off just like a sposie and are good for beginners.