PDA

View Full Version : would you buy this for a girl?

milkmommy
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
http://www2.olivekids.com/products/dr-ride.jpg

I think its addorable but is it to boyish?

Deanna

poetmom
05-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Have you shown it to her...does she like it? If yes, then I wouldn't worry about whether it's "boyish" or "girlish."

Singingmom
05-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I agree. See if she likes it - it may really suit her personality. I think the paisley and the nice border add sort of a feminine flair. I also think it's a nice change from Peptobismol and lace. :D

GodisGood
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I agree. See if she likes it - it may really suit her personality. I think the paisley and the nice border add sort of a feminine flair. I also think it's a nice change from Peptobismol and lace. :D

:spit

milkmommy
05-04-2005, 09:28 PM

:lol :spit Well I showed it too her and she smiled but no like super response (I'd think she'd need to see it in person) :shrug she of course was all goo ga over Nemo but I really don't want something she'll care less about in another month. I want something that reflects her bouncy personality but is kinda timeless...

Deanna

kris10s
05-05-2005, 05:10 AM
I probably wouldn't, unless my daughter was in LOVE with it. It's cute, but so gender neutral. DH and I just dislike gender neutral things in general.

MarynMunchkins
05-05-2005, 05:41 AM
I think it's cute. :) I have a girl that's addicted to purple and lace, though. :lol

milkmommy
05-05-2005, 07:44 AM
I probably wouldn't, unless my daughter was in LOVE with it. It's cute, but so gender neutral.

I'm agreeing, I like the pattern but I'd still like it to have a more girlly flare, DD is very outgoing and bouncy but she's also a deffinate girly girl and I want to promote othe areas of her personality... Still looking, its fun though :lol

Deanna

tree_hugger
05-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't pick it for a girl - unless of course, like the others have said, she really loved it.

After two boys, if I have a daughter it will be pink, frills, lace and bows all the way! :O

godsgracegiven
05-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't think it too boyish, I love the colors and would pick it for a girl. Besides with that many colors you can definitely find something girly to add in to it.

Irene
05-05-2005, 08:40 PM
hey whats wrong with pepto pink :laughtears (my dd's room)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/siaroot/DSCN1349.jpg

righteous mama
05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Irene! :laughtears It's really pretty...not Pepto at all!

My dd would die for that. I just showed it to her and she was like, "Ooooh, I want that!" Where did you find it? See she wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up, so that is just perfect for her!

PurpleButterfly
05-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Oooh, I love it!! I would definitely go for it if it suits your dd's personality and taste. I wish I'd had something like this when I was a little girl - perfect for a fun and feisty mama in the making! :tu

Irene, I love your dd's room, too! That wonderful angled ceiling is just begging for a tulle canopy drape with some satiny pink ribbon and twinkle lights!!! :grin

tree_hugger
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Irene, your daughter's room is so purdy! :)

Thia
05-06-2005, 06:04 AM
If she likes it, do it. There are other ways to add girliness. Lots of fluffy pillows etc.

Irene
05-06-2005, 09:00 AM
That wonderful angled ceiling is just begging for a tulle canopy drape with some satiny pink ribbon and twinkle lights!!! I know huh? that was my original plan but dh veto'd it. He thought she would get tangled up or something in it at night :lol maybe when she is older. :P

memory maker
05-10-2005, 11:37 AM
hey whats wrong with pepto pink :laughtears (my dd's room)

that color looks familiar...just like my dd's room
I would say it isnt girly enough...but I tend to want my dd to have a really girly room

kalemommy
05-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I'd definitely buy that for a girl who loves horses!