PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Craft/Sewing Supplies

Julia R
05-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I have tried to keep my materials organized, but I'm loosing the battle. It takes me twice as long to dig out what I need for a project as I have to spend working on it. How do you keep your stuff organized, especially with little space to work with.

cklewis
05-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I keep checking back to see if anybody has had any epiphanies. . . . 'cause I'm losing this battle to. :blush Maybe it's the nature of creativity to be messy? :shrug

C

kris10s
05-05-2005, 07:50 AM
This is a struggle for me as well. I try to keep things grouped by craft in bags or baskets, and I have a craft table to collect all of the materials, sew, etc.

Julia R
05-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I was hoping to get some great organization ideas too. My aunt has a place in Alaska that seems just beautiful from these pictures. I would really love to organize like she does. Haven't been there IRL. So, I guess there has to be a better way.

http://groups.msn.com/CraftingAlaskanStyle/craftroom.msnw?Page=1

DogwoodMama
05-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Whoa! :eek Is that your aunt's *house*, Julia! That looks like a store! :lol Wow!

Spirit of the Home
05-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Your aunts room is a pretty serious crafting room :tu I too struggle with the organization side of crafting,
It helps to have a room or specific space for everything. How much space do you have?
I used to use boxes with labels [or sometimes I use a marker] on them telling me what is inside to avoid opening every one each time i wanted to make something. I also put all of one project together in clear plastic bags inside the boxes to avoid searching for the little pieces.
Now i used some extra cash to buy bookshelves at yardsales for 10 to 15 dollars and set some things on the shelves, Then when K Mart had a big sale on the rolling see through plastic drawers I bought as many as I could and It makes it easier to find everything.
I see your Aunt utilizes the plastic rolling drawers also :highfive
Heres a link to my desk organizer from tissue rolls and I plan to make one for my craftroom tools also :) http://www.bokari.com/crafts.htm

tree_hugger
05-15-2005, 03:31 AM
:eek

ArmsOfLove
05-17-2005, 03:12 PM
That is cute, mom :) Do any of those pens work? ;)