PDA

View Full Version : Planting this weekend, flower suggestions?

toymama
05-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I am going to plant some flowers this weekend and I am going to let the boys help me do it. Any suggestions on some flowers that are easy to take care of? Austin will really like doing this, but I know he will be expecting pretty flowers that will stay around for a while. :) We planted a little flower that his aunt gave him and it doesn't look to good. :/ But we planted a cabbage plant that his cousin gave him and it is looking really good. :clap (I just don't know what we will do if it actually grows some cabbage. None of us will eat it. :shifty)

jujubnme
05-03-2005, 08:28 AM
What are the conditions where you'll be planting it? Full sun, shady? Do you want flowers that will return next year, or ones that you plant every year? Do you want short flowers (like impatiens) or tall ones (like daisies)? There's a lot to choose from :mrgreen.

toymama
05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
We have had hardly any rain so far this spring so I think this summer will be very dry. I can water the plants as long as my water bill doesn't get out of control ;). The area were we will be planting gets sun in the morning and is in the shade the rest of the day. I think annuals (these are the ones that return every year, right?)would be the best. And I don't have much money to spend on planting so the cheapest ones are the best :grin

Thanks for the list, Tessera, I will check some of those out :tu