PDA

View Full Version : Lichen Sclerosis

AmyDoll
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
A dear friend of mine, who is post menopausal has been diagnosed with Lichen Scleroisis.
http://members.tripod.com/~shanmd/summary.html

Anyway, traditional treatment is an Ultra-Steroid - which she isn't responding to anymore.

I suggested a Gluten Free/Dairy Free diet - based on what I've read about the disease (auto-immune skin problem) it sounds enough like exzema to suggest that!

BUT, she's not a young woman and she doesn't really want to give up bread and ice cream, yet.

I'd like to offer some other alternative treatments or point her to someone that she might be able to communicate w/over email or something?

Thoughts?
XOXO Amy

RealLifeMama
05-02-2005, 08:09 PM
I had this when I was in my early 20's
I was given testosterone cream but didn't want to use that.
I actually went to a dermatolgist that was 2 hours away that specialized in that. By that time, I had such scar tissue and so many fusions it was just awful!!
I was given a cream that really, really helped.
I can't remember what it was! I wish I could!
I was just going to be getting married and I so wanted to be better, I would have taken and used anything! I think it started with a C. It may have been a steroid, i don't know. I had no bad side effects at all. I am totally cured. I haven't even thought about it in years until I saw this post!
I don't know if the diet would have worked. I was naive, and didn't have the understanding about the body and health, etc. that I do now.