PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ideas for company

snlmama
05-02-2005, 01:25 PM
We don't really do fancy lunches (or meals for that matter :blush) at our house, but I have a friend coming to visit and will only see her for a few hours. She's planning to stop by during lunch and I'd like to serve something nice. My family is happy w/ sandwhiches and macaroni almost every day and I'm having trouble remembering what I did pre-kids (oh, wait, I do - I worked, had lotsa cash and ate OUT :mrgreen).
Dh thinks I should just suggest we go out, but I'm afraid this will hurt her feelings b/c she's been wanting to come see my house. And I think she'll be annoyed w/ my ds needing so much attention during the meal, whereas at home I can put him down for his nap right after he eats and be able to just talk to her. I don't know. I'm really stressing too much about this. Any fancy seeming but cheap and easy ideas?

findingjoy
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
I would maybe do something like pasta, salad and bread. If you wanted to make it super simple you could buy most of the ingredients pre-made and then just throw them together. Like buy a nice jar of pasta sauce, a salad mix and some tasty italian bread. You could top it off with a dessert of fresh fruit or fruit with ice-cream.

Beyond Blessed
05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I like chicken salad in a half of a pita. Add some lettuce for presentation, and some salad and yummmmy! Maybe bake some cookies so you have a yummy smelling kitchen too! I keep meaning to have a lady from church over and this is exactly what I want to serve! I use non-fat mayo in my chicken salad and add celery and large chunk pickle relish. It's low-fat AND yummy. Promise. Unless you don't like mayo or celery or pickly relish - then it wouldn't work for you :lol I'm babbling - need to go cuddle my nursling and go to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

AmyDoll
05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
:tu I second the chicken salad/pita idea. I make mine with Apples, Raisins and Walnuts - it's really yummy. For a side, maybe baby carrots and ranch? For dessert, angel food cake with berries. Sparkling water to drink?

XOXO Amy

RealLifeMama
05-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I was going to say almost the exact same thing as AmyDoll!
Sounds good!

PrincessMommie
05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Mmmmm chicken salad! :)