PDA

View Full Version : What CD does your heavy wetter wear at night?

mama2grace
05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm wondering what cd's y'all use on your heavy wetters at night? My dd pees SO MUCH during the night. Her dipe is completely soaked in the morning and smells awful. I put her in a kissaluvs with a microfiber 2-layer doubler + Under the Nile doubler with a fleece liner to keep the pee away from her skin, or a MEOS w/ ME doubler and microfiber or UTN doubler + fleece liner. I bought one Sandi's because they're supposed to hold a lot & great for night time, but I haven't found it to be any better.

And she can completely soak a 'sposie, too, so no use doing those at night. And we try to limit her liquids in the evening.

Havilah
05-02-2005, 01:29 PM
:shrug

nighttime cloth has been a constant source of frustration for us. i've recently started putting him in a fuzzi bunz with a folded up flat birdseye and a WAHM joey bunz style hemp stuffer, and i change him once in the early morning hours when he rouses to nurse. this is working better than anything i've tried before. except sposies ;)

tbh, a premium prefold with a hemp doubler and an aristocrat did keep the sheets dry, but it was so heavy with pee in the morning that it grossed me out. plus, ds' skin always looked so soggy in the am... like a bandaid left on too long :sick

DogwoodMama
05-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I really have been happy with a pocket dipe, either a Wonderoos or a Large FB, with hemp stuffers. I like that the suedecloth in the wonderoos pulls moisture away from dd so only infrequently does she get that "soggy band-aid" look... Once in a while she will overwhelm this diaper, but it can hold QUITE a lot... I use a Wonder-full hemp soaker AND a joey-bunz or similar soaker... so 3 hemp soakers in there... it is a bit bulky, but not so much that she can't toddler around before and after she wakes up.

I really don't think other materials work as well as hemp... I also use MOE microfiber stuffers (2) in a FB, but really prefer hemp...

2sunshines
05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
We used the fb with hemp (joeybunz) inserts at night.

Fortunately for me though, my children were not heavy night wetters so I'm not the best person to get advice from in this area... However, they always held all their pee and seemed to work well.

Havilah
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I should probably break down and try a suedecloth pocket... Is your wonderfull soaker a one or two layer foldy thing? I think if I'm going to try more hemp it needs to be reeeaaaallly thin. I've had stinky hemp issues and I'm a little leery of anything that's a few layers thick :think

thanks... and sorry to hijack :O

DogwoodMama
05-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Havilah- you could always make your own hemp stuffers... DoubleBlessings did. :) My WF are kinda thick- maybe 1/4 inch?

milkmommy
05-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I gave up trying to find a solution sooo I use a disposable at night. :shrug

Deanna

AmyDoll
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
:nak

prefold inside a kissaluv w/a doubler in a bummi sww cover

hth
Amy

Larissa
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
I made my own hemp stuffers with hemp french terry. I use 4 layers of hemp french terry and a microfiber insert and that seems to work with my youngest son....my oldest son...wakes up wet almost every morning.

mamahammer
05-03-2005, 05:56 AM
We use a pocket dipe (usually a FB), stuffed with a premium prefold and a joey bunz. The insides are all wet when he wakes up, but his skin is dry as a bone :) I just received my first Wonderoo, though, and am in :heart !

Havilah
05-03-2005, 06:08 AM
What size fuzzi bunz do you use and how do you fold your premium prefold? I can't seem to get this to work :/

mamahammer
05-03-2005, 07:48 AM
We use either a large or a petite toddler FB, and I fold the premium cpf in thirds the wrong way - so it's shorter, rather than longer when you fold it. :)