PDA

View Full Version : Oscillococcinum convert!

tiglet
05-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Wow! This stuff works!!!

I came down with the flu (got it from Bonnie) on Friday. I was so sick that I could hardly walk from one end of the house to the other (fever, dizzy, achy muscles, stuffy head, etc.) and started taking oscillococcinum.

In just one day I was soooo much better. Not completely recovered, but I have never gotten over the flu so quickly.

Wow!

Iarwain
05-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Ooooh yes! Isn't that stuff just the best! My first time using Oscillo story is this: DH got the flu first. He came down sick and within the course of a day was flat out on his back and miserable and I was starting to feel that shaky achey feeling like I was going next and fast. I got some and gave everyone a dose in the evening. I was fine by the next morning, bypassed the whole thing. DH required a second dose in the morning and was almost better by evening when he got the third dose. The next day he was fine. The kids never got it! The sooner you give it the faster it works. It is good stuff!

And BTW, I never use the whole capsule like the directions say. I just fill the wide end of the inner cap and call it a dose. I can treat the whole family with one package that way. The way homeopathy works it's not the amount you take that matters.

tiglet
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I like the smaller dose idea! This stuff is so expensive!

But I understand - the amount shouldn't matter. :)

And paying for the drug is nothing like the price paid for missing work (or, even worse, missing weekend time!)

I'm pretty much better today. I've got an ear infection :( but I always have one after the flu. I just don't know any way around it.

peacefullone
05-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Wow! Where would I get this stuff??? And how would I know this is the same stuff you are talking about?

thanks

Holly

Iarwain
05-02-2005, 06:29 AM
Wow! Where would I get this stuff??? And how would I know this is the same stuff you are talking about?

thanks

Holly

You can get it at a health food store and a number of other places are starting to carry it. Oscillococcinum is the brand name for the homeopathic flu remedy Anas barbariae hepatis et cordis. It comes in a white box with orange and yellow lettering. There is another brand, Dolisoccil, and maybe a couple others that I can't think of.

Mamaka
05-02-2005, 10:00 AM
That stuff rocks! I was through the flu in 5 days, with only 2 days of feeling really bad. Started ds on it as soon as I got sick and he only had the flu for 3 days with no days of feeling horrible. :tu

ETA: we got ours from the Vitamin Shoppe online

cobluegirl
05-02-2005, 11:01 AM
yes I have ordered mine online too.