PDA

View Full Version : Best fabric for a wrap?

mamahammer
04-30-2005, 01:48 PM
HI, Mamas! I would like to make my own wrap to carry my 2 yo and my newborn (this summer :) ). I'm wondering what type of fabric best? If it makes a difference I live in Texas and summers a waaayyy hot!

Thanks!

sadie
04-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Breathable cotton/mesh cotton are good options. I like the kind that are 5% lycra or spandex, so they strech a bit. It gives me a snugger fit. :)

jengi33
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
"crinkle cotton" works well too and I have found it very inexpensively at walmart!

mamahammer
05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks, mamas! I just went by Wal-Mart and bought some crinkle cotton in a pretty purple/blue plaid for $1/yard!! can't really beat $6 for a new wrap :mrgreen Now I just need to borrow my MIL's sewing machine to hem those edges and we're off!

bliss
05-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I, Grand Matriarch of all who are Lazy and Half-A$$ed, can help you with that! Kind subject, do not hem. . .go to www.mamtoto.org and see the directions for making your own wrap. They will show you a groovy thing to do with rubber bands that eliminates that pesky sewing . . . and it really works! I did it with 2 wraps so far (made with $1 a yard crinkle cotton) and it has the Royal Seal of Approval. Go now, and don't forget to pay tribute for my saving you a trip to your MIL's! :lol