PDA

View Full Version : At what age did you discover your child's learning style?

mama2mychildren
04-29-2005, 10:10 PM
DD is only two. She is already a voracious reader and I see her naturally developing learning styles but I'm curious at what age you really started to see what type of learner your child was? What types of things clued you into that? Have you seen their learning style change as they have gotten more involved in HS?

Booklover
04-30-2005, 04:39 AM
At about 5, when I realized he had memorized all the words to the Scooby-Doo theme song :rolleyes I think my oldest is mostly auditory, my second seems to be mostly kinesthetic (never stops moving). I'm hoping dd is visual, because I could use an easy to teach child that likes workbooks for a change...

Vipers_Princess
04-30-2005, 08:05 AM
THanks in large part to Kait's sensory issues, the conclusion was easy for me to come to around the time she was three or so. A year's worth of children's museum membership and watching her learn from the myriad of hands on activities and constant input sealed it...

Jordan on the other hand, took awhile. In fact she's still very much a work in progress on that one. MOst of the time she comes across as a visual learner, but others she thrives better with auditory or overall sensory input... so who knows where we'll end up

PrincessMommie
05-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Seems to be around age 3-4