PDA

View Full Version : the difference?

BeckaBlue
04-29-2005, 06:43 AM
I don't understand, what is the difference between the word 'spank' and 'hit'?

in my mind they're the same and i use them interchangeably. even as a spanker i knew i was hitting, but just confining it to one area, no other difference that i can think of

do they say spank because it's for a different reason then just being mean? because it 'sounds' ( :rolleyes ) nicer?

is it only because when you 'hit' you do it out of anger and to hurt somebody but when you 'spank' it's supposed to be to teach them to correct behavior ( :rolleyes )

so i guess is it just what's supposed to be behind the word?

*sigh*

milkmommy
04-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Their the same word they can sugar coat it all they want imo.
but looks like a duck Walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

Deanna

Radosny Matka
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
I agree with Deanna. I think people use that word to rationalize things in their mind - I'm not "hitting" my child, I'm "spanking" my child, so it's okay. If you were to ask spankers if they hit their kids, a good portion would say no. It's almost as if they are thinking, "well, hitting is abuse. We don't hit, we spank." It's the same thing, we all know that, but to some, it's a rationalization.

ArmsOfLove
05-03-2005, 05:53 PM
For a lot of people it's about the intent. Intent does impact the overall action, but it doesn't change the act.

An example . . . sex outside of marriage is fornication; sex with someone who is married and not your spouse is adultery; sex within marriage is becoming one flesh . . . but it's all sex.