PDA

View Full Version : Let Go! You let go!

SillyMommy
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
So this afternoon I was folding laundry and Ryland grabbed the bottom of my DH's shirt as I was folding it and when I told him to let go he said, "you let go." (Is that a run-on or what? LOL) I told him that I was folding the laundry and needed him to let go and of course he wouldn't so I took his hand and made him let go. When I finished folding it I went to hang up DH's pants and Ryland asked to "play let go" with my arm... so I'm thinking he thought I was playing a game when I soooo wasn't! LOL

How could I have handled it differently?

CelticJourney
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I remember when my neice was little and she and sil came over to make Christmas cookies. sil got so frustrated and said 'why is this so difficult?!' My response was that neice was having fun and sil was trying to get something accomplished - they didnt' have the same goals :D.

Now that you know, is there something that you can play 'let go' with and when he grabs the laundry tell him "go get x and we can play 'let go' with that, not daddy's shirt". By the way, dh plays 'let go' with the dogs with a rolled up and tired towel.

SillyMommy
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Mmm, great idea!! Thanks for the perspective!

chelsea
04-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Hehe! Sounds like when a baby slaps you across the face in good fun and it hurts so bad that you wince in pain and they roar with laughter at the expression on your face! :) Just the naivety of youth. :)

ArmsOfLove
05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
have him help you *invent* a let go game w/ rules & everything & play it often :mrgreen