PDA

View Full Version : Jp+ Gummies

HopefulMom
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I saw this ad on Mothering.com and was wondering if anyone has tried them? Are they the same as vitamins? If some one has a jar could you list the ingredients for me. Do you have to buy them on-line or can they be found at a store? Thanks

Shining Light
04-30-2005, 12:27 AM
We use these and love them. From what I understand they are way better than just regular vitamins because they actually made using real fruits and vegetables. Most supplements just tell you how much of a particular ingredient/vitamin/mineral is included but you don't really know how well your body is going to absorb them. With Juice Plus, they actually have done studies and continue to do research to determine how well your body can make use of the "good stuff" and the effects, over time, on the makeup of your blood. I can't remember the details but I thought it was very impressive.

I don't think they sell them in stores. We buy ours through a consultant. If you want her contact info let me know. I really like her and she is very knowledgeable and helpful. They are very yummy (the veggie ones smell a little strong when you open the container but once you get them out and eat them they are good). My dh and I actually use the capsules instead of the gummies but sometimes I eat some of the gummies cuz they taste just like candy. I wouldn't say they are cheap but I think they are worth it (moreso than just vitamins), especially considering that I can't get my kids to eat many fruits or veggies. Oh, and BTW, Dr. Sears uses Juice Plus and recommends them ;)

Here are the ingredients:

Fruit gummies-- Natural sweeteners (corn syrup, beet powder, clarified grape juice concentrate), gelatin, dried fruit juice powder and pulp (apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, peach), acerola cherry, papaya, apple pectin, citrus pectin, glucomannan, citrus bioflavinoids, date fiber, prune powder, Dunaliella salina, Lactobacillus acidophilus, citric acid, bromelain, papain, natural flavors, natural blend coating, mixed tocopherol stabilizers.

Veggie gummies-- Natural sweeteners (corn syrup, beet powder, clarified grape juice concentrate, elderberry powder), gelatin, dried vegetable juice powder and pulp (carrot, parsley, beet, kale, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, tomato), beet fiber, barley bran, oat bran, glucomannan, Dunaliella salina, Lactobacillus acidophilus, citric acid, bromelain, papain, natural flavors, natural blend coating, mixed tocopherol stabilizers.

On both containers it also says: "This product contains no artificial preservative, flavors or stabilizers, and no synthetic colorants or hydrogenated oils." And just in case you are nervous since the first ingredient was sweeteners, there is only 3 g sugar/serving (serving= 3 gummies). There is probably at least that much in an apple. (maybe I'm wrong?)

Oh, I thought of one other thing you might want to know if you decide to use them. I started giving them to my youngest dd when she was fairly young (probably about 15 months or so). I wasn't sure how well she could digest them and I didn't want to be wasting them on her so I asked our consultant about it. She said that in order to digest and utilize them, you need to at least chew them a little. She suggested that if my dd couldn't chew them then I should just pre-chew them a little first. I thought that was important to know.

HTH!

mitfamsix
04-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I have tasted the gummies but wanted to know how much they are?

Shining Light
05-12-2005, 11:32 PM
I have tasted the gummies but wanted to know how much they are?

Sorry it took me a while to answer this. I couldn't remember the cost and had to ask the person who sells it to us but I couldn't find her # or e-mail :blush Thankfully, she ended up contacting me about something so I could ask her.

Anyways, the Juice Plus Gummies cost $23.25/month and, if I remember correctly, they come in a box with a two month supply.

Please PM me and I will happily give you the contact info for my rep. She is really nice and helpful and very knowledgeable. I would love to refer some business to her (and, no, I don't get a discount for referrals, LOL).