PDA

View Full Version : Remember the horrid noise my refrigerator was making?

ArmsOfLove
04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm almost :blush to tell you all--which is why I haven't said anything :shifty

When Deanna was over she commented that it sounded like an ice machine trying to run . . . but our ice machine isn't turned on :shrug But I kept thinking about this :think and decided to go check if there was a way to accidentally turn it on and if turning it off would help. So you know that bar that when it's down it makes ice and when it's up it doesn't???? I pushed it up :doh

Problem solved :rolleyes

{tries do divert attention from how silly she feels} Here, have a :cookie :cookie :cookie

lenswyf
04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Those may look like cookies, but I know bean dip when I see it!!!
:roll

Please forgive me for laughing. I commend your humility in coming back to tell us it was such a simple thing.

righteous mama
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
:laughtears

And I'll take one of those cookies.

RosieTook
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh!! Cookies!! :highfive

ArmsOfLove
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
{appreciates how easily everyone allowed themselves to be distracted ;) }

milkmommy
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
:roll (takes :cookie) guess we could of checked when I first said thats what it sounded like :lol. Could have saved you a lot of grief :doh Glad it was figured out though :) (takes another :cookie) :yum

Lets just remember next time I give an opnion of weird Kitchen noises I'm probably right ;) :lol :O :hug

Deanna

lenswyf
04-28-2005, 05:08 AM
It reminds me of a visit I had with a family that I used to live with. Their garbage disposal had been non-functional for a year, and it was on the hubby's list of things to do, but that list was very long, and he is one who starts at the top and does them in the order they were added, not necessarily according to his wife's priority. Well, sometime in that year, someone had told me about a reset button, which I randomly recalled while I was visiting. I pushed their button, and it solved the problem. When I tested it out and hubby heard it, he came running to see why it was working. I just smugly smiled and asked if he had anything else he wanted me to fix. D: I'll have to remember the ice-maker tips! You never know when such info will come in handy.

BeckaBlue
04-28-2005, 06:59 AM
lol!! ill have a :cookie :yum

last yr our fridge was making 'strange noise too, but it was my DH freaking out about it and i kept telling him it was the icemaker trying to work (It had no bar and couldn't find out how to turn it off, :lol!) he didn't believe me, till i found a switch for it :lol of course, the fridge did break down a month later anyways :lol

crunchymum
04-28-2005, 09:40 AM
{appreciates how easily everyone allowed themselves to be distracted ;) }

:laughtears

jujubnme
04-28-2005, 09:50 AM
It reminds me of a visit I had with a family that I used to live with. Their garbage disposal had been non-functional for a year, and it was on the hubby's list of things to do, but that list was very long, and he is one who starts at the top and does them in the order they were added, not necessarily according to his wife's priority. Well, sometime in that year, someone had told me about a reset button, which I randomly recalled while I was visiting. I pushed their button, and it solved the problem. When I tested it out and hubby heard it, he came running to see why it was working. I just smugly smiled and asked if he had anything else he wanted me to fix. D: I'll have to remember the ice-maker tips! You never know when such info will come in handy.

Lenswyf, you could have saved us a lot of trouble too! Our outside lights and upstairs bathroom outlets were all not working, and it was weeks (months?) before I discovered that the reset button in our front hall bathroom would work for that circuit too. :doh

Crystal, at least it was an easy fix, right? :laughtears :cookie *munch* *munch*

milkmommy
04-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Deanna comes in pours some :cup a sees an empty plate.. :cry
HEY CRYSTAL WE NEED MORE! :cookie :cookie! :laughtears
Deanna

doubleblessings
04-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Well at least you didn't call the repair man to have him flip it up. When we first moved into our house we had a 25 year old A/C that we were hoping would die during the house warranty period. So when it quit blowing cold air we were :highfive and called the repairman. But I was :blush and :banghead when he came in and flipped the breaker and it worked fine again. :lol :lol :lol now, but I was so :blush

ArmsOfLove
04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
:cookie :cookie :cookie :cookie :cookie :cookie :cookie

Phew :doh (that's actually wiping the sweat from my brow after baking so many cookies :lol)

Mother of Sons
04-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Don't feel too bad. The exact same thing happened to me!