PDA

View Full Version : Interesting grace response from my son

Leslie
04-26-2005, 11:56 PM
We have two neighbor boys who come over to play with two of my sons. Today my twelve-year-old asked if he could walk next door and return a baseball glove -- alone. Apparently, the younger brother had walked off in a huff and left his glove. His brother was ready to go home, but refused to take the glove home because he felt that his brother ought to be punished for acting so badly. But my son wanted to go over anyway and give him back his glove. Since his friend thought the glove should stay behind, my son felt like he needed to go clandestinely.

I'm not quite sure if that was the best way to handle it, but I'm pleased that my son saw a place for mercy where he might have seen punishment as the only acceptable option. I know how seeing someone else 'getting their due' can be a satisfying feeling, and it can take a bigger impulse to do the nice thing instead.

Kaz
04-27-2005, 02:46 AM
that's really interesting and encouraging. TFS. :)

DogwoodMama
04-27-2005, 07:14 AM
:clap :D

chelsea
04-27-2005, 07:45 AM
That is awesome...what a great thing to see your son giving his friend the same mercy that God gives us, and no doubt copying what has been modelled to him by you! :clap