PDA

View Full Version : Where to get cheap disposable EVERYTHING?

tempus vernum
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
So far, we are just going to Wal-mart but I need help :doh I haven't bought paper towels in . . . .welll. . . a REALLY REALLY long time :shrug On top of that, we are using disposable EVERYTHING NOW :eek Diapers, napkins, cups, spoons, paper towels, toilet bowl brushes. You name it we're tossing it :eek

So what's cheapest? Wal-mart, Sam's, Aldi's, etc? Even if you aren't in my area (WI), I'd appreciate tips, thoughts, etc

Mothering by Heart
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Do you have BigLots/Pic'nSave? They are usually dirt cheap.

righteous mama
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, I was going to say Costco. There paper products are really strong and while may be a bit more in price, you don't use as many...BUT, there are none in WI, so forget that! ;)

I second the Big Lots/Pic 'n Sav idea. Sam's is probably the best for buying in bulk.

milkmommy
04-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Just courios ;) Why ya going all disposale? Like thats total disposable :lol

Deanna

Irene
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Im guessing because of the illness and busy-ness that goes along with that?

no tips here sorry

((((((Jodi)))))))

milkmommy
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Im guessing because of the illness and business that goes along with that?

no tips here sorry

((((((Jodi)))))))

:blush :blush Oh my I totally know why :blush :blush I can't believe I forgot! about the only disposable thing we use are papertowels and toliet paper. I second the big lots on those. :hug

Deanna

kris10s
04-26-2005, 07:54 PM
No Aldi's here, so I do Sam's Club and Super WM.

Praying there will be very good deals wherever you go. :heart

Sara
04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
I like Sam's because of the prices and the size - it is nice to buy everything in such large packages because it lasts so much longer.

BeckaBlue
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
dollar general/family doller is usually pretty good

tempus vernum
04-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Yes, it is the illness. Luke no longer has much of an immune system :cry :hissyfit We have to use disposable everything we can to avoid bacteria. Even good bacteria is not good for him :cry :cry. Well the spoons and cups are for medicine mixing we can use our dishwasher for dishes :P . As far as the busyness, I am sure I'll soon feel thankful for that but I am still feeling overwhelmed by all the stuff to buy and the fact that I am just not used to it. I was in bathroom this morning annoyed I don't have a clean towel hanging before I remember why we took down all the towels :lol. We have spent almost $300 dollars :eek on what I call "cancer trips" to wal-mart ;) :lol -- trying to laugh more as laughter is the best medicine :P ;) We didn't own paper towel holders, had to buy all new pillows and covers for matresses, piillows, etc etc etc!

Okay, I am going to price all these places. I remember hearing here (I think) that Sam's can actually be more costly if you aren't careful so I have to start keeping logs of how much stuff actually costs.

Havilah
04-27-2005, 05:09 AM
My dad is a nut who actually measures the size of the paper towel to see if it's *really* a good deal. He also takes several trips daily to the electric meter to see how their energy consumption is going. When he broke his foot he expected my mom to walk out to the meter a few times a day to chart the energy use of their different appliances :eek :rolleyes My mom thought he was crazy and told him so :lol. Oops, I digressed :O...)

Anyway, he swears by Dollar General for cheap paper goods.

thomer
04-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Jodi, if you don't have a Sam's card, I do, so I can take you if you want. Or just price check for you if you need it - let me know!

Otherwise, I vote for the Dollar Store.

Mother of Sons
04-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Jodi what city do you live in again? (You can PM me if you want)

Mama Calidad
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Paper towels:
http://www.overcost.com/detail.asp?Product_id=KIM01950 Comes out to .00878 per towel.
They're folded towels, so you could put them in a basket on your counter.

Toilet brush:
http://www.overcost.com/detail.asp?Product_id=RUB631000WE $1.72 each

Teaspoons:
http://www.overcost.com/detail.asp?Product_id=DXEPTM21 1,000 count. $18.52

Napkins:
http://www.overcost.com/detail.asp?Product_id=MRC6506 2,400 $31.58 Comes to 0.0132 each

With free shipping on orders over $50 and no sales tax charged, it may save you time and money to order online.