View Full Version : LGP week 2 day 2

Irene
04-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Week 2
Attitude Shift: Harnessing the Power of Attention
Reason: what you focus on you get more of
Discipline Skill: Assertiveness
Value: Respect

When you are upset Pivot. Tell yourself, "Okay, Im upset. If Im upset, Im focused on what I dont want. Do I want more of this is my life?" If the answer is no, take a deep breathe. Focus on what you want your child to do more successfully. Them calmly tell your child what to do and why

Tell your child what you will do. "I will be happy to talk to you when you are calm." or
" I am going to stop the care and make sure all children are safe, with seat belts on"

Irene
04-26-2005, 10:10 AM
I think sometimes I struggle with thinking about what I want them *to* do. Its more like I want them to stop crying, or stop pestering her brother, or whatever. So I'm standing there wracking my brain about this while I'm trying to stay in control and stuff while the behavior continues because I don't know what to say :P :shrug

Radosny Matka
04-26-2005, 11:04 AM
:crazy Sometimes I wonder how I am ever going to absorb and remember all this information...

Beyond Blessed
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Sometimes I wonder how I am ever going to absorb and remember all this information...

Ditto! But somehow good things just come to me when I need them. I can't recite them to dh yet, but something is happening in my brain!

Irene
04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
I agree, I think its just absorbing ;)

I find writing them down helps too.

also, when I read the book I felt very overwhelmed that Im not going to remember any of it, but going through it weekly is really helping. and maybe thats why it takes 7 weeks ;)

ArmsOfLove
04-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I call this step "redeeming the moment"

Blue Aurora
04-26-2005, 11:55 AM
I totally forgot about this yesterday. This week is a very good one for me. I've really been focusing on how I want my days to go instead of wallowing in self-pity and so far it's worked. Yesterday I did work-out 4 times but I didn't sit on the couch crying over Kelsey or vegging infront of the tv to forget. I'm so glad we're going through this book!

MidnightCafe
04-26-2005, 12:46 PM
also, when I read the book I felt very overwhelmed that Im not going to remember any of it, but going through it weekly is really helping. and maybe thats why it takes 7 weeks

Yes! That's why I am so glad we're doing this study here. I was really overwhelmed at first, but I'm starting to see how everything fits together and each thing flows from and into another. It's not as hard to put it all together when you see how it's all connected.

Thanks for being here, Ladies! I am enjoying the discussion. :grouphug

DogwoodMama
04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
This is my second time reading the book... I have a feeling it will not be my last. ;)

bex
04-27-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm still madly trying to catch up on reading so I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed. Today as I was reading I thought "how in the world would anyone even attempt doing this without the power of the Holy Spirit in her life??" How hard it must be to live a grace-based life (because that is what she is describing) without knowing true grace. It's made me so thankful again for God's work through Jesus on our behalf! :heart As I read I'm putting in Scripture references wherever they seem applicable. I think I'm going to memorize Scriptures to go along with her sayings that she wants us to remember...so let me know if you have any you think apply.