PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Teeth! OUCH!!

chelsea
04-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Does anyone have any natural remedies for sensitive teeth? Ever since yesterday, everytime I brush my teeth the sides of the back ones are going CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYY!! :wow Or if anyone knows what can trigger a sensitive-teeth-attack, please educate me!

Mothering by Heart
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
My back molars were so very sensitive. It turned out that I had literally brushed my teeth off. :wow I had tooth brush abrasions that had worn down the enamel. I had to have them bonded.

Another thing, if you are using a whitening toothpaste, that can cause sensitivity, as well.

tiglet
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree, stop using whitening toothpaste (if you are) and switch to a kind labeled "for sensitive teeth." If that doesn't make them feel better, see your dentist. :)
(My Dad's a dentist...)

All sorts of things could be going on. But seeing a dentist would be the only way to figure it out for certain.

Lady TS
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM
My sensitive teeth are my molars, and the reason they are sensitive is that I have receding(sp?) gums I guess from brushing too much right there. The main thing that sets mine off is stuff that is sweet/rich. If I have too much sugar, then it's bound to get me.

For my 'condition', my dentist recommended a sensitive teeth toothpaste. I only use it when my sweet tooth is hurting me, not all the time, and it helps.

Not natural, but that's what I do.

chelsea
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm not using a whitening toothpaste, just a natural toothpaste. I have had problems in the past with sensitive teeth, but not for a few years. I guess I need to save up my moolah and go see a dentist! (It stinks not having benefits!) For now, I will try using sensitive-tooth-toothpaste.