PDA

View Full Version : ready to give up natural meds for dd allergies, any advice?

LoveToReadMommy
04-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Today I hauled out the big guns, Zyrtec, Nasacort spray, Singulair. She is so miserable. She has even said things like, "I wish I could die and be in heaven with my new body. I hate life. I hate my nose. I hate allergies." She is going to be 6yo next week. We see a naturalpathic doc, but I don't think all the stuff she is on is strong enough. I want her to be healthy and whole. Are conventional meds really that bad????

Chris3jam
04-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm personally having so many problems myself that *I'm* about to leave behind my natural way of doing things! I'm SO disappointed and discouraged! (I've got a post in LT, "Tell me about this. . . ") Oh, I SO SO know how you feel (and maybe your dd!)! But, the "natural care guru" ;) I talk to a lot said not to feel bad -- there's no need to abandon the "natural way", but not to feel bad because sometimes the body just needs extra help. I mean, we wouldn't turn down a Tylenol for a headache (well, actually, I have :blush), or chemo for cancer. Maybe the natural stuff can be complementary for a little while, while the body gets a chance to heal. I'm still struggling, though. . . . . I can SO understand!

LoveToReadMommy
04-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I know what you mean. We'll use tylenol once in awhile. But the reason this is so hard to decide, is that it is on going. She has allergies year round.....