PDA

View Full Version : Love the kissaluvs, but...

jengi33
04-24-2005, 06:40 PM
They take forever to dry in my dryer! Like an hour and a half! Is there anything that will help? Does putting a dry towel in with them make a difference? Other than that, they are working great for my little one! :P

wuzzie
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
They do take a while. A dry towel does help, you also don't have to dry them all the way in the drier. I wash at night and lay everything still damp out on my couch to dry. They are done by the morning. Too much time in the drier will actually make them break down faster.

Lantern Light Mama
04-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I know what you mean about diapers taking all day to dry. I wash them late at night or early in the morn and hang them out to try on our makeshift clothesline which consist of two fence post and wire. Doing that it can take four hours, but they smell much better and they are actually whiter!!! Got so used to it, now I hang our towels and blankets out to try, and all of our whites. My neighbors probably think I am a nut with diapers hanging in the breeze!

jengi33
04-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I know what you mean, I really want a clothesline. I put them out the other day on the rail of the deck and was AMAZED at how white they got!!! That miracle sunlight! :D

I'll have to do the nightime thing, that would probably work in our schedule better.

ShangriLewis
04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Do you have an Ikea close by. We have an awesome clothes line from them. It has 4 lines and retracts into itself. You can put it inside or out. We have it on our back deck and we just retract it when not in use. I was worried it wouldn't be strong enough but it's going strong after this past year. Of course, I only used it in the summer. But, I just started using it again this week. I can hang a whole load of laundry on it and we can do a big load in our Front loader.

There are, also, drying racks that have all sorts of hanging space on them and they fold up when not in use. I like to put them over the heating vents in the winter. The clothes dry overnight and I can just fluff them in them in the morning.

Heather

jengi33
04-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Nope, no ikea anywhere in our state! The folding up rack is a good idea though. I have a huge bathroom and could easily put it in there. Thanks!

wuzzie
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Nope, no ikea anywhere in our state! The folding up rack is a good idea though. I have a huge bathroom and could easily put it in there. Thanks!
I have one of those too. One suggestion about the bathroom though, either leave the fan on and close the door, or leave the door open. In that enclosed space the water doesn't evaporate very well.