PDA

View Full Version : Statics and Reasons Why Homeschool

CelticJourney
04-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, this morning a lady approached me for information on homeschooling. She has been asked to do a presentation when she goes to a former Soviet block country this summer. [many countries will allow you to come only for 'professional' reasons, so often missionaries go and do presentations, etc.]

I said of course, I have information I can share with you. I have two concerns though. She is the director of the "Preschool/Kindergarten" affiliated with the church [read here - very pro traditional education, 'they need to be away from mom at 2 and learn to socialize']. Also, she said she doesn't need curriculum, so I asked if she would like a list of curriculum providers. She said "no, these are university professors, I don't expect them to be interested anyway" This was one of the first times I wished I had my Phd so I could point out that I might be a college professor who would have been very interested.

So now I am looking for a good, concise list of reasons why to homeschool and some statistics to back up the success. I also think a list of web sites would be good in case anyone is interested they can look for the information themselves, because I don't think they will get a good picture from this lady.

In her defense, this would be like asking me to do a promotion for the preschool. Totally counter-beliefs, but she is a nice lady.