PDA

View Full Version : stressed

beatlemommy
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
:hissyfitOk, well within the last few days, my husband and I have decided to TTC #3. My oldest is going to be 3 in July, and my youngest will be 2 in November. I think I may already be pregnant, which would mean a Jan. baby. Now I am wondering what I have done :banghead Thinking maybe I made a huge mistake, I don't want to think that though. I have been yelling at the kids all morning, which I hate, and they hate, and am just feeling awful for it. I am frustrated with my 2.5 year old for not knowing how to use the potty already, but I know showing my frustration is probably slowing him down. How do you pull of gentle parenting when it seems like its all stacked against you? I want to be loving with my kids, and hope that with the addition of a third won't maker me an even meaner mommy. :(

Micah
04-23-2005, 10:31 AM
:hugs Michal!
I am right there learning with you...ps- my first 3 kids were 3, 2 and newborn. ;) It can be challenging, but as they grow older, it's so much easier to do things as a 'family' in so many ways!

MarynMunchkins
04-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Lots of things change in the 9 months it takes to grow a baby. :) Nothing will be the same in 9 months as it is now.

Take the challenges of the day one at a time, and try not to panic about the future. God doesn't send you any more than you can handle. :hug

ArmsOfLove
04-23-2005, 02:09 PM
:hug

2.5 is still so very young to potty train--especially for a boy.

Sounds like you're overwhelmed. How do you feel about maybe being pg again?

SansSouci
04-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree that 2.5 is young to PT a boy. I have heard more to start around 3 for a boy. But I know each kid is different. Hey, have you seen the plastic flushable urinal for pottytraining little boys? Check it out at www.lilbunz.com - if I ever have a boy, I'm definitely getting that for him!

Whenever I'm stressed about thinking about handling a baby (I'm 3mo preg.) and my toddler, I remind myself of what pp already said: in 9 months, things will have changed significantly and the problems I'm having now will probably be gone by the time 9 months comes.

Good luck with TTC. :hug

love,
Elizabeth

beatlemommy
04-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone. It does feel better to come here and get these things off my chest. It is also good to know that my son (and I) are not behind in the whole potty training stuff. I think I am very nervous about having a 3rd child for so many reasons. My 1.5 year old has mild Cerebral Palsy, and I think that scared me in a way I didn't even know until thinking about TTC #3. I also wonder if I can handle 3 children that young. I can be impulsive, so I am just hoping I didn't get myself into something I can't handle.

missythemom
04-23-2005, 06:21 PM
If you are pregnant then God must know you can handle it! :tu just breathe,pray, and remember nine months makes a big difference in ones point of view,and that whatever may come along God is there for you first a :pray :heart :grouphugnd foremost and we all are here with ya too! :D God bless.