PDA

View Full Version : my vacuum is annoying me

GotMyHeartFull
04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
We just have area rugs and I just bought a dirt devil last month. It was working fine and now I don't know what the deal is. I have to go over things a million times :banghead. So frustrating. Today after going over a crushed saltine like 20 times. I just ended up sweeping. Everything that the manual says could cause it to lose suction are fine. Any idea what could be wrong?

flowermama
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
oh, dear, how annoying. :/ I don't have any suggestions. :( I sure hope it starts working again soon! :hug

Forgiven
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Is the roller brush spinning? I recently had to take my vacuum in to the shop because the roller brush wasn't spinning. It turns out that the end caps on the roller brush come apart and there was hair wrapped around the inner part of the caps. He removed the hair put the vacuum back together and only charged me for the new belt I needed----What a nice guy!! Hope this might help you. Oh and we have a Eureka but he says that it is a common problem with a lot of vacuum and I should clean mine out every month to month and 1/2.