PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick toddler dipe ?s

bliss
04-22-2005, 05:08 PM
A. I have switched Mr. Turkeybird into plastic pants and pins because he is removing the prowrap/dappi wraps I had him in previously. Are Snappis quicker/easier to use than pins and can a dextrous & determined 14mo. old get them off? (Under Gerber pants)
and
2. Does anyone use Toddler prefolds on their bigger kids? The aforementioned Mr. Bird only weighs like 23 lbs. but pinning that dipe around him is getting a little snug. How much bigger are the toddler prefolds? Does it make enough of a difference to buy some?

Thanks so!

BeckaBlue
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
a.depends on the type you get, if they snap in front they're a lot easier to get off, if it's on the sides it's a muh bigger struggle

b. i don't use em, i couldnt really afford them, and at this point im using mostly sposies on my big girl instead. there's some dif folds you can do to help though. one is twisting it instead of folding, which is what i did on dd2 for awhile (just one twist in between the legs, like such http://www.thediaperhyena.com/twist_fold.htm )

if you can make em it might be cheaper, i made dd a couple, but she's outgrown them too :rolleyes, but ds will be using themm shortly :o)

another consideration is pinning the wrap on after fastening. i dunno if it'd ruin them or not, but just a thought :)

Lady TS
04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
My answers: :mrgreen

A. My toddler tugs at his snappi but I don't recall him ever taking it off. They are definitely quicker than pins, but IMO they are not as secure as pins(as far as your dc removing them), but you could try! Be careful though if he's really curious and still into putting things into his mouth. The white plastic thing does come off of the snappi.

B. I had the same problem when my ds was about that size and I know other moms have had the same problem too. I opted to just make the diapers work because the kiddo's will soon grow up a bit and thin out(usually). I am still using Premium CPF's on my ds(about 33 lbs now) and they barely fit him around but a snappi works pretty well. I did break out one of my 3 toddler prefolds that I got from a generous mom here and used it today. It fit around his hips better but there is a lot more bulk in the front.

If I can find a tape measure, I will measure one of my toddler pf's and let you know how big they are...

Micah
04-23-2005, 07:18 AM
IMO side snapping covers are VERY hard for little hands to get off... ;)
like the motherease airflow or the very baby side snapping ones.

Yes the Premium CPF's do get a bit narrow, but as mentioned the toddler ones sure add 'bulk'