PDA

View Full Version : Doubting i'll ever be successful at this VENT

jmom
04-22-2005, 11:07 AM
I come from a punitive background, and when I get hormonal... ( and I am a lot lately!) i get so angry fast and then want the person who angered me to "pay." I am not doing so well at the moment with GBD. My son is driving me nuts, my daughter fusses at all the wrong times (which is like all day!) as well as my ds. My dh is starting his own business, so i'm left with a lot more responsibility than before (and not just with the children). I'm reading Playful Parenting (and love it! :tu) but right now I barely have time to read more than 2 paragraphs at a time. The concepts are awesome if I can get past my own anger issues. It's hard to implement play when I'm resentful and angry at my children/dh or whoever has crossed my path that day! I want to hide and refresh for a week, then come back! When I have one parenting failure, I beat myself up over it, then it snowballs into tons of failures from there to where i need to go to the bahamas without anyone knowing where i am for a week. i barely have time to pray, let alone sleep (my dd at 13mo is still up every 2-4 hours at night), let alone get two minutes to get a breath! I need prayer and lots of prayer. :pray i just want to :hissyfit like my 3 year old and if that makes him feel better, than maybe it won't make me feel like :banghead all the time! KWIM? Maybe this vent can be my hissyfit :hissyfit and i'll be able to make it through the rest of my day. Thanks for listening to my vent if you've read this.

ArmsOfLove
04-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh ((((((Julia))))) My mom always said that when she felt she had to "get away" she figured we all felt that way and it was probably why we were acting the way we were ;) She'd get us out of the house, change the mood, have us get our energy out productively, then take us all home in a better mood :) Is there a quiet park where you can sit on a bench and read while the kids play safely?

mamaKristin
04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
(((Julia))) :hug Are you trapped in my body? :lol Seriouisly, I understand this totally. I'm dealing with a 3 year old pushing my buttons, a 7 month old adjusting to being mostly formula fed (not by choice) + a pregnancy. I get the hormonal thing totally. I think Crystal said it well with going outside. When I feel crazy with the kids, changing the scenery helps so much! If anything, the anticipation of putting on shoes and hats really helps my 3 year old.

MarynMunchkins
04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
:hug

jmom
04-22-2005, 12:22 PM
thank you! And those hugs feel good! :)

I am planning a date night with my dh tonight, and the kids get a trip to the grandparents. Hopefully this will help! And tommorrow we are outside planting! YEAH!