PDA

View Full Version : Is this wrong?

Blue Aurora
04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I know ew all have strong feelings about CIO but I am interesting situation. DS gets up 2x a night now... aroudn 12 -1 and then between 4-5 The problem is he's wanted to start playing after the 4am bottle instead of going back to sleep. We have his crib beside our bed for naps/and before we go to bed. Yesterday and this morning I was so exhausted that I just put him back in his crib...of course he started crying but I was so tired I fell right back to sleep and when I woke up this morning at 7:30 he was still sleeping. I feel like this is a boundary not CIO..4 am is for sleeping NOT for playing and that is the only way I knwo to communicate that to him. If i keep him in bed w/ us he plays with our hair, body parts, shrieks and tries to get off the bed. I did try this a few morning and he never calmed back down and went to sleep. Just wanted some other mama's opinions.

ArmsOfLove
04-22-2005, 11:38 AM
how long did he cry before he went back to sleep?

Blue Aurora
04-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I can't say for sure b/c I fell back to sleep while he was still crying. I would say not for very long b/c I don't think I could sleep right next to him if he got to the screaming upset cry. :/

MarynMunchkins
04-22-2005, 12:05 PM
IMO, if you can fall asleep even if they're upset and not wake back up, they are fine and you needed the sleep. :shrug

SansSouci
04-22-2005, 09:38 PM
With *me* personally, if I can fall asleep while my DD is crying, it's b/c she's not crying very hard and she's going to be calming down... and if I stay asleep then it's b/c she didn't continue to cry. My body hears it when she's crying. So, if I were you sleeping in that bed next to him crying, I would say it's perfectly fine... b/c I don't think he was crying very long. No, that's definitely not CIO, IMHO.

My DD is the same way if she's in bed with us - always touching, pulling, jumping, etc.... not calming down whatsoever.

-Elizabeth

Blue Aurora
04-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Maybe it's an age thing. Recently he has finally started to sleep waht I consider well. Tonight he woke up at 7pm (he goes down at 6) and whined and I walked into the room but he didn't see me and I watched him rub his eyes and lay back down and go to sleep. This is the best thing ever!!! usually I have to soothe him to sleep every time he wakes up. I can still bring him into bed with me during the middle of the night maybe that's b/c he is still exhausted where in the early morning he's almost ready to get up. We'll see how this next morning goes.