PDA

View Full Version : LGP week one day 5

Irene
04-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Its friday :mrgreen

Composure: Living the values you want your children to develop

Breathe deeply and decide that you are going to stick with these exercises. Maintaining composure is an option you always have available to you. Even when you lose your composure, in the next moment it can be yours again. You may feel ready to explode but you can breathe deeply choose to stay calm and see the situation differently. If you explode anyway, you can still return to a state of calm- all is not lost. Self control is a moment by moment decision. when you are upset say to yourself Iam willing to see this differently .

:tol

phermion
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
:O Of all the things I would say I am characterized by, I wouldn't say that having composure would be one - but in the near future it will be. :highfive Thanks for an insightful first week!

MidnightCafe
04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
If you explode anyway, you can still return to a state of calm- all is not lost.

I love that statement. There's so much grace in it. It reminds me of the gospel, of the way God always welcomes us, even after we make mistakes. It reminds me that my whole day doesn't have to be ruined because one minute was ruined. It reminds me that I don't have to hate myself or do penance. I can move forward, act differently, change my life right now. :mrgreen

Thanks, Irene, for organizing this!! :hug

Irene
04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I agree, if people say anything about me, its certainly not "Irene has composure" :lol I love that word though and its what I strive for. Its funny though, I never knew *how* to be composed. I just thought some people have it and some dont :shrug now I know I can have it too :tu

I was thinking today that I have learned so much through the book and just this last week discussing it... I am so amazed that I didnt know this stuff before :lol it seems almost so common sense but at the same time, so much to work through and get my brain around.

It reminds me that my whole day doesn't have to be ruined because one minute was ruined YES! I love that too. I know i get into this attitude of "I blew it" and "today just sucked" and then I juist wallow in it instead of picking myself up and moving forward. I always just want to give up at that point :/ like, well, I messed up today and thats it. my only chance is ruined for this day. which isnt true at all. :rolleyes

ArmsOfLove
04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
how to work out repentance in our day to day lives.

Micah
04-22-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't have this book and am currently focusing on other books at this time..but wanted to say thank you for doing this Irene! It's still inspirational and educational w/out the book the way your posting here. :hugs

LoveToReadMommy
04-23-2005, 01:23 AM
I think I'm going to write my name on the fridge, and composure next to it. Make it seem more possible and real. Because I also do not think of myself as having it, or at least not very often. Never when my kids are acting like kids tend to act! I too have learned SO SO MUCH from this book, and look forward to the next 6 weeks. Great discussion girls! :)

TulipMama
04-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, I really blew it yesterday. *sigh*

Not with the kids, but with myself and Hubby.

Can't wait 'til my copy of this book comes in the library!

Irene
04-23-2005, 02:29 PM
thank you for doing this Irene you're welcome :heart I am glad you are all taking part in this with me!

Well, I really blew it yesterday. *sigh*

Not with the kids, but with myself and Hubby.
me too :cry usually I do so well with dh, but this week not so good :cry :shrug